Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Computers Differing Charts

Hello,

I am using 2 computers that are, as far as i know, identical in terms of all settings on the computer and in the NinjaTrader settings/control panel.

Both have the most recent GC (gold) instrument.

When I load a chart on each computer with Renko 5, all other parameters identical, I get 2 different looking charts. One shows a smooth looking market with long upward trends and long downward trends, while the other appears much more choppy with a lot of ups and downs and a lot of changes in trend.

As i said, both charts are identical. I have 2 logins + 2 data feeds associated with one account, and I'm seeing this major difference between the 2 logins/2 computers. They are both accessing live data.

Also, when i apply a volume indicator, one chart (the choppy chart) shows normal volume levels usually in the 1000's or higher. The other chart (smooth chart) shows extremely low volume usually below 50.

Is there any reason for this? As i said both instruments are up to date and identical. I could understand the difference if the instrument were different but they are the same, so I don't know what the reason for this could be.

I await a response.

Thank you.
    William

Hello WilliamW,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace files from both of your platforms so that we can look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-> Mail to Platform Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Actually this problem seemed to have resolved itself for the time being. After some time the data synched up and is now the same... so all seems to be okay. Perhaps it was just some lag time until everything to up to speed, as my account and log ins are fairly new.

If it goes awry again, I will be on contact and provide the necessary details.

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
      1 response
      0 likes