market replay improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

market replay improvements

Overall I think NT is a great app, but there are some issues with market replay that could use some work.

Here the Account Performance tab only lists a few of the days trades. Not sure what caused it.

The low and open for CurrentDayOHL are 0. I don't connect to my data feed until around 9:15 so I guess that's where the 0's are coming from, but it's a little silly. Plus my chart templates start at 9:30, so it would be nice if it just tracked OHL since then.

If I connect to 8/29 NQ data and open a chart with a date range of 8/26 to 8/29 the chart should open with data from 8/26 to 8/28 already drawn. For a while it seemed to be doing this, but lately it hasn't.

Please try the Account Performance tab without filters and hit Generate. If that doesn't work try resetting your Replay101 account and rerun the Market Replay playback.

CurrentDayOHL() will take the value at the first bar of a session. Maybe you are seeing zero because your session start time is before you have any data. Try changing your chart's session start time to coincide with when you want for CurrentDayOHL() to start up.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried without the filters and I still got the same result. Even if resetting the account works there's still a bug in there somewhere.

I have data before the session starts.

Session starts at 6:25 AM local time:

Chart session starts at 6:30 AM local time, open and low are 0:

Moved chart session to 6:45 AM, open and low are still 0:

Comment

Uncas,

Ok I know what the deal is. It has to do with the unstable region of the indicator. Unfortunately in this case the indicator needs to start calculating at the session begin or else it will be messed up for that day. A workaround solution to this is to tack on another day in your chart. Have the previous day's data buffer as your indicator's unstable period and the present day will have no problem.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshP; 09-03-2008, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          Uncas,

Ok I know what the deal is. It has to do with the unstable region of the indicator. Unfortunately in this case the indicator needs to start calculating at the session begin or else it will be messed up for that day. A workaround solution to this is to tack on another day in your chart. Have the previous day's data buffer as your indicator's unstable period and the present day will have no problem.
          Josh, how can I tack on another day? I'd really like to have the previous day's data on the same chart as the current day during market replay, but I can't seem to make it happen.

Comment

You should be able to achieve historical days on the same chart for the one you are Market Replaying. To do this you will need the historical data loaded into your database. Please connect to your data provider and load up the data for several days before the replay date. Then when you go back to the replay you should have that up on your chart.

Comment

Uncas,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. CurrentDayOHL() was bugged and will be fixed in the next release.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
              31 responses
              1 like
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes