strategy disable/enable handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy disable/enable handling

I have read through the forums and the help sections regarding order & position handling when NT loses connection or a strategy is disabled.

I am still a little unclear on which settings I should choose and would appreciate some input.

My settings in Tools --> Options --> Strategies --> Ninjascript are:

On starting a real-time strategy --> immediately submit live working historical orders

On connection loss --> disconnect delay 10 seconds, number of restart attempts 60, restarts within x minutes 60, handling - keep running

Order handling - cancel entry orders when a strategy is disabled is checked. cancel exit orders when a strategy is disabled is not checked.

Sync account position is false.

I periodically disable strategies to change some settings. What I am trying to accomplish is:

1) When I disable to adjust settings and then re-enable, I don't want the strategy jump into an account position with a market order in my live account. Ignore the current strategy position and wait for the next signal., otherwise I chasing a position way too late.

2) If the strategy gets disabled when I have an open account position, I'm left with no exit order at all and fully exposed to the market. My strategy runs full time on a remote server and I don't get a notification. My trailing stop protection is run inside the strategy. If the strategy is disabled with an open account position in my live account then I'm left hanging out there with no protection. I want it to reconnect, re-enable, and get out of a position in the account if the strategy triggered a trailing stop during the time it was disabled. However, I don't want it to disable, re-enable, and then jump into an existing strategy position (effectively "chasing" a trade, getting in way late and taking the loss)

In summary - if disabled, then try like hell to reconnect and re-enable the strategy. exit an account position if the strategy is flat, but don't enter a position if the strategy isn't flat. I basically only want to sync my account if the account has a position but the strategy is flat.

Hope that is making sense, and thanks in advance

m6

Hello medicsix,

Thank you for your note.

We would not be able to suggest what settings are best for you and it would be up to you to decide.

With that said, if you do not want your strategy to chase a position, then you would want to use Wait until flat and sync account position set to false, before executing live, which requires the strategies position to be flat before executing the next trade. A fresh signal might be a way to think of it.

Regarding a disabling of the strategy while the strategy is in a position and wanting your exit orders still working. You would want to make sure cancel exit orders when strategy is disable was not checked.

Please see,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Aviram Y  
    Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes