Nag screen at startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nag screen at startup

Is there any way to get rid of the nag screen that pops up as NT starts? The wait time for it to disappear seems to be getting longer by the day. Today, I had to wait over 2 minutes for it to vanish, during which it blocked out every other application in its path from view. It really is nagging!

You cannot get rid of the starting splash screen, but you can reduce the time by moving everything from your Default workspace to a named workspace you open once NinjaTrader is open, and repairing your database (Tools-->Options--> Misc--> Repair DB).
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Splash screen - too long & system modal

I tried moving the workspace and repairing the DB as suggested, but the splash screen did not take less time. It appears to be system-modal instead of application-modal. I.e., the splash screen will allow no other application to take focus on top of it. On one computer, while the NinjaTrader splash screen is up, the entire computer freezes. If it must be there, we need it to be made application-modal instead of system-modal. I.e., make the splash screen stay in front of NinjaTrader when NinjaTrader is the focus, but allow other applications to be brought into focus on top of the splash screen and NinjaTrader so that we can continue to work while NinjaTrader loads.

Comment

I took your suggestion and it does nothing, and it seems to be only getting worse by the day. Just about everyday, I have to resort to forcibly shutting NT down by using Windows Task Manager and restarting again. I even faithfully upgraded to the latest version to see if that would cure the damn thing. But, sad as it may, nothing is working!

Comment

Hello,

Please delete your workspaces then let me know if this helps.

Close the NinjaTrader application --> Go to my documents --> go to NT 6.5 --> Go to workspaces --> Delete all XML documents --> Open NinjaTrader.
          MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Michael View Post
            Hello,

Please delete your workspaces then let me know if this helps.

Close the NinjaTrader application --> Go to my documents --> go to NT 6.5 --> Go to workspaces --> Delete all XML documents --> Open NinjaTrader.
            Although I still prefer not to see the nag screen making its debut splash everytime it starts, your suggestion seemed to have fixed the problem (well, for now ). Many thanks!

Comment

Hello Saliva,

Thank you for letting us know this has improved your situation.
              MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
              10 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Leafcutter  
              Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes