Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 7 strategies are blocking the platform and my PC

Hi nt support

Since 3 or 4 months ago, when I activate some different strategies, the Ninjatrader 7 platform is blocking the platform and my PC.
    In the past all this strategies works correctly. Does ninjatrader modified something in the connections with the server ?? Is so frustrating ...

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to gather further information on your question.

By Blocking the platform, are you saying you cannot connect to a data feed? Can you provide more detail on what specifically is happening? I am not certain what you mean by the strategies are blocking the platform, if it applies can you attach an image to show what you are seeing?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse. Thank you for your reply.

Yes the data its correct. Except GC, was stopped. The price doesnt move anymore

The platform is blocked and I cant do anything when I active some strategies. The mouse is blocked over it too.
      Its happend since april of this year more or less. I was installed the 7.0.1000.28 , I updated to 34 and seems to the problem stopped by a few weeks but came back again (I think its a connections problem with your server because of this). Then I installed the 35 .. but the error happends yet.

I cant saw you any visual error because only is a platform blocking. I need to Ctrl+Alt+Del to force the quit. Its happend with some compiled strategies.
      I've tried it on 5 different computers and it happens on all of them. Before, everything was fine with the same strategies. I think you have modified something in the program.

Its possible? Thank you.
      Last edited by ninjo; 10-17-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I wanted to check, as you mentioned you are using a futures instrument but did not mention the contract, are you using the current contract or an old contract for the GC? If you are using an old contract after the rollover date, it would no longer have active data. You would need to roll over to the current contract.

Regarding the strategy, are you saying that the strategy is freezing NinjaTrader so you need to force exit the platform? If so, have you tried a different strategy like the SampleMACrossOver? Does the sample work and allow you to activate it?

If the sample works, this is very likely related to the strategy you are using. Can you tell me, are you the developer of this strategy or is this an item you have purchased or downloaded?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes