Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data of Previous Contracts

Hello buddies,

I need to have previous contracts of the markets, unfortunately the Ninjatrader Software just shows last year contracts. If I set my PC clock backward, I will see the previous contracts and their data. However, when I set the clock of my PC to the current time, the data of old contracts are not loaded.
    I would be appreciated if any one helps me how to have the historical contracts in the simplest way?

Thank you ...

Hello maculia,

Thank you for your post.

You can change instruments by pressing a letter or number key in a selected chart. Within the window that appears, you can change the instrument, interval, or chart type.

For example, to make a chart of an older expiry you would type the instrument symbol and expiry in the following format, ES 12-15 and press the Enter key.

I have included a link to our help guide page on working with price data. Please expand the section labeled how to change a data series.
    Working with Price Data

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear ShawnB,

Thank you very much for your very helpful guidance ...

In this manner I could load until the contracts of date "12-05" ... Is there any possibility that I have older contracts? In fact, what should I do to be able to go more backward ?

Sincerely
      Last edited by maculia; 10-23-2017, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Hello maculia,

Thank you for the reply.

The amount of historical data that will be available for you to download will depend on your provider and the instrument you have selected. If you are unable to download data from before 2005 on this instrument, it is likely not available with that connection and you would have to import this data downloaded from another source or use a different provider that has this data available.

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.

Comment

Dear ChrisSch ;

I have the historical data before 1995 ... but unfortunately, when I want to run the contracts before 12-05 in the manner that ShawnB guided, the software shows the error : "invalid instrument name" !!! Why should this error display while I have the data far before 2005 ??!!

Thanks a lot for your consideration ...
          Last edited by maculia; 10-24-2017, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Hello maculia,

Thank you for the reply.

After you have imported the historical data into the platform, I would suggest adding the contract months from within Tools > Instruments > (Your Instrument) > Contract Months. You will find the Contract Months on the left hand side of the window, you can select "Add" to add any Contract Months that do not exist in the database. This should allow you to load the instrument's older contract months successfully.

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            167 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jeronymite  
            Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred