Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Analyzer/Chart calculation priority?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer/Chart calculation priority?

I have an indicator on a chart and the same indicator in market analyzer. Most time they show the same value but sometimes they seem to be one calculation tick different. It is most apparent when the market is slow. Does the chart or market analyzer take priority when calculating or updating? I was just wondering why I am seeing this slight offset in time in the display of values. Also, if I have the same indicator on a chart and market analyzer does it help to have them linked or is the linking of no effect in this case? Thanks.

Is it possible you have one instance calculating on bar close and one instance calculating with each tick?
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hm. If they are different it should be resolved fairly quickly depending on the amount of other indicators/instruments you have loaded. I don't think it should ever stay 1 tick behind in calculations even when there is no more data coming in at the end of the day.

I don't think linking will have any influence in this case.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

They are both set to CalculateOnBarClose = false. It is usually resolved quickly. That is why I can only notice it during slow periods when incoming ticks are slow. I have a fast machine running only NT and lots of memory and I only use a few indicators. There is not a large usage on my CPU. I was just wondering. Thanks.

Also, as I watch the indicator values update at moderate tick volume, it does appear that the indicator values on the chart takes priority. Sometimes the chart indicator value will go through a few values and the market analyzer version eventually catches up.
        Last edited by higler; 09-10-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes