Comex Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comex Gold

I've successfully connected to Patsystems and I've called my broker and verified that I have access to Comex Gold, however when I try to retrieve a quote I get n/a.

Please ensure you have the instrument setup properly in the Instrument Manager.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've setup the symbol like every other one I've used. Still no joy!

Comment

Can you make sure you're connected, then go to the Instrument Manager and click on the Pats button. This should bring up a list of contracts you're authorized to trade. Is the Comex listed? If not, contact your broker and have them add it to the list.

If the instrument is listed, please send screenshots of your set up to support at ninjatrader dot com and refer to this post.

We need screenshots of the Definitions and Misc tab in the Instrument Editor. To bring up the Instrument Editor open up the Instrument Manager under the Tools menu, highlight the instrument in the middle section and click Edit. Then in the Instrument Editor take screenshots of the Definitions and Misc tab. Make sure the exchange and symbol mapping for Pats is showing.

To take a screenshot highlight the window and click ALT+Prnt Scrn. Then right click and Paste to paste into an email.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Invalid Symbol(s)

New to NT. Set up NQ 12-08 and it works fine. Set up EMD 12-08, GC 12-08, and TF 12-08 and get error message Invalid Symbol. As far as I can tell they are set up the same way as the NQ (and ER which also worked). Can anyone help please? Thanks.

I am using IQ Feed
          Last edited by bogeybunky; 09-11-2008, 09:49 AM.

Comment

What version of NinjaTrader do you have installed? You can check under Help--> About. Make sure you are on V6.5.1000.6

Also check for errors in the log tab. If there are, please send them over to support at ninjatrader dot com, refer to this post and put in the subject 'For Vince'.
            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Using Current version of NT 6.5.1000.6

Sent copy of log

Comment

Reset instruments, but still same problem. NQ loads, others do not and get invalid symbol error message

Comment

Originally posted by bogeybunky View Post
                  Reset instruments, but still same problem. NQ loads, others do not and get invalid symbol error message
                  I use IQFeed too, so if it's still a problem we can walk through it and make sure your instrument list is the same as mine. For NQ the default is ok but for other futures sometimes you have to change the IQ symbol. Like For CL, for IQFeed it's QCL.

Comment

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have the problem anymore. To be honest I cannot remember what I did to correct it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                    Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                    16 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post samish18