Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to rollover instrument ? I am using External data feed

Hello guys,

I am using My own External Data feed software. After every expiry, I have to add all Instruments again with all settings.

Is there any solution for this using which I can rollover instruments or don't have to go through the same process of adding instrument name and all again and again.

Originally posted by svadukia View Post
    Hello guys,

I am using My own External Data feed software. After every expiry, I have to add all Instruments again with all settings.

Is there any solution for this using which I can rollover instruments or don't have to go through the same process of adding instrument name and all again and again.
    If there is no solution then Can I make Instrument settings default ?? Right now I have to set them every time I add the new instrument. I add 40 new instruments every week.

Comment

Hello svadukia,

Thank you for your post.

If you are passing the data to NinjaTrader you may consider using Continuous Contracts for the Futures instruments as to avoid the need to rollover.

This would be the only solution that would not require rolling over the Futures Contracts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        Hello svadukia,

Thank you for your post.

If you are passing the data to NinjaTrader you may consider using Continuous Contracts for the Futures instruments as to avoid the need to rollover.

This would be the only solution that would not require rolling over the Futures Contracts.

And is there anyway I can make some instrument setting default like exchange, currency,tick size ??

Comment

Hello svadukia,

Thank you for your response.

In NinjaTrader you can edit the Instruments properties through the Instrument Manager. Please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Instrument Manager.

You can then create new instruments or search for an instrument and then edit it through the Edit option.

For information on the Instrument Manager please visit the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt_manager.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post cre8able  
          Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby