Gmail Setup in NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gmail Setup in NT7

I'm getting the "Failed to send mail" error when testing my Gmail setup. Please see attached shot. How is this done now?
    Attached Files

gdstuart,

Thanks for posting.

Have you set up an application password for your Gmail account at this time? This would be necessary to use your Gmail account for sending emails in the platform. Please see our forum post going over these SMTP settings at the below link:

Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I used the settings in post262008 exactly, but that pertains to NT8 and not NT7.

What do you mean by "application password"? I used my Google password but got the error.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for replying.

These settings would still be valid for NinjaTrader 7. I have included a link below going over Application Passwords for Gmail accounts:
        Tip: App passwords aren’t recommended and are unnecessary in most cases. To help keep your account secure, use "Sign in with Google" to connect apps to your Google Account. An app password is a 16-di

Comment

Reason for error

Originally posted by gdstuart View Post
          I'm getting the "Failed to send mail" error when testing my Gmail setup. Please see attached shot. How is this done now?
          In your mail setup change user from [email protected] to just gdstuart.

This should fix your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bd92154 View Post
            In your mail setup change user from [email protected] to just gdstuart.

This should fix your problem.
            I got an email that you are still having trouble with this. Here's the email:

I too have been having this problem gdstuart reported. I followed the links given and was informed by Google that APPLICATION PASSWORD is not an option for my Gmail account.
            Now what? It has been several months for me since my NT7 stopped working with Gmail.

For some reason I don't see that message here in the forum. But whoever you spoke to at Google was incorrect. If you follow the instructions in this thread, it will work.

Geoff

Comment

I am having the same difficulties to setup email, I tried Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail. But nothing is worked, I followed the same instruction. Please assist me with proper setup. I am using NT 7.

thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20171220.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                0 responses