MultiCharts + Ninja DLL method + IB futures broker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MultiCharts + Ninja DLL method + IB futures broker

Hello, I currently use TradeStation + Ninja DLL method + IB futures broker. TradeStation charting platform generates the buy/sell signals and then sends them to Ninja via DLL method, then Ninja sends the orders to IB futures broker. I want to do the same setup as above but instead of using TradeStation I want to use Multi-charts as Multi-charts allows me to trade many more futures markets (via using the CQG data feed) than TradeStation. For example, TS does not allow me to trade the Sydney Futures Exchange futures markets whereas this can be done with Multi-charts via the CQG data feed. So my question is can I link Ninja with MultiCharts via the DLL method, or does Ninja only link to TradeStation? Thanks in advance. Regards, Rod.

Hello Rod,

While NinjaTrader is able to receive order information through the API, NinjaTrader does not have the ability to send an order through the API or through any connections connected through the External Data Feed (which is a data feed only).

Only connected brokerages (connected with connection adapters for that brokerage type) can have orders sent.

NinjaTrader does not support multi-charts and does not have a connection adapter for multi-charts.

From my understanding, it will not be possible to send orders to multi-charts.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. But MultiCharts is a "trading platform" similar to TradeStation which is also a trading platform. TradeStation works with Ninja (via the DLL interface) where Ninja is used as a "bridge" between TradeStation platform and our futures broker continuum API. My question is whether Ninja can be used as a bridge with the platform called Multicharts? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello Rod,

My meaning is that it is one-way.

When using the dll, NinjaTrader is not able to send an order to another platform.

Theoretically, you could get a list of orders and watch for changes..

Below is a publicly available link to the functions available to the dll.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes