Error importing indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error importing indicator

i am having problem importing indicator to my NT7, it keeps saying i there's a program script with error on my on my computer, i don't know which indicator is causing this problem. i deleted the last indicator i installed, still am having the problem. PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello odmassion,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator in NinjaTrader 7. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu -> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item -> select Indicator
    • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please post a screenshot of the error with the error column fully expanded so that I may read the entire error message.
    (Click and drag on the small faint separator between column heads to expand that column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and post the file with your next post.

Click here for detailed instruction
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i tried what you said, but i am not able to get it to work, i attached a screen short to this message

Comment

Hello odmassion,

The instructions were to generate errors and take a screenshot and you have done this sucessfully.

The errors indicate that several indicators are attempting to call classes, properties, or methods that are not available.

This can often happen if files are manually deleted from the file system in the Documents/bin/Custom/Indicator folder instead of being properly removed from within NinjaTrader in Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> select the indicator -> click Remove.

You may need to remove each file that is listed in the NinjaScript File column on the left manually, attempt to compile, repeat the process until the errors are gone, and then re-import from the original .zip files these indicators were provided in.

These will be located in Documents/bin/Custom/Indicator.

If you would like a member of the NinjaTrader staff to assist during our normal support hours of Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Eastern time, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email, please include a link to this forum thread.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses