Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like taking forever to load data

Hello,

I have only one intraday 1min chart of GC 12-08 open with two simple scripts running on it. The datafeed is interactivebrokers. Each time when I first time connect NT to IB, or reload historical data, it seems like it takes forever to finish this task (not really true, but it might takes 20 seconds or more). The data series setting is 5 days back. During the reloading, the chart is totally blank and a window with title "Loading Data ... " and a button "Abort" shown on the screen. The problem is that the real data loading might have been finished well before the chart is refreshed and the abort window disappears because I often click the "Abort" button to terminate the reloading after waiting quite a while, to my supprise, all are shown on chart after clicking "Abort". So something must be wrong which can not detect the finishing of data reloading promptly, therefore it unnecessarily causes increase the time of "data reloading" process.

- Clearpicks

When NT is first time connected to IB TWS data feed, it tries to only load the last day data (because I already started this morning a few times so that it already has downloaded old data). However this window shows on screen for quite long time. So it must be something wrong.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Please check here for performance improvement of your charts:

In addition, can you check the size of your database. It could be very large. If it is, you might want to rename it so it will create a new one and is reduced in size.
      Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How can I check the database size? I don't think its size should be large. Because I only run a GC 1min and a GC daily charts.

I followed the tips and unchecked storing realtime data. But no difference. It still takes quite a long time to reload historical data.

You may try to use IB as datafeed to reproduce my problem.

Comment

After reloading, there are often missing bars arround the time of reloading. So it seems NT has some problem to merge reloaded data into existing database.

Comment

Thx, I will have someone look into it and get back if we have more info.

Comment

Hello Vincent,

How is the progress?

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
              Thx, I will have someone look into it and get back if we have more info.

Comment

Hi,

I thought you already received a response. Will check and then get back to you a little later.

Comment

I'm sure you are aware of this, but the domain name ninjatrader-support.com has apparently been grabbed by someone else and these links go to a bogus page.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for forum post.

We used to host resources such as help guide on a secondary server. That is no longer the case since about almost 2 years now.

Any link that is older then 2 years needs the ninjatrader-support2 replaced with just ninjatrader.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Perr0Grande  
                    Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes