Clear All

Chart data loading/backfill error

I got the following message when loading chart data

Below is a snapshot of what the chart looked like afterward

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6...taerrorpx4.jpg

Attached Files

imported post

Hi,

What time did you try to load the data? Was it right after market close? It could be that the broker is resetting their servers.

Who is your broker?

Can you try again on Monday morning when the market opens?

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

It was during the morning. My broker is IB but I use Dtn IQ feed for data. The first half of data is from 7/18 up until about 11:30 EST and the second day is 7/19 somewhere between 10:15 and 11 AM.

NT doesn't seem to backfill from my data source, the only way I can getfull chart worth ofdata is to keep IQ feed running entire day or sometimes close chart and re-open a new onewhen I start NT I will get one looking proper. I'm not sure maybe I am doing something wrong on my end.

Comment

imported post

Whenever you pull up a new chart wile being connected to DTN or connect to DTN while having a chart open, NT pulls data for the current day from DTN (whatever DTN provides for that day). You will notice by a popup windows indicating the data update.

Are you saying NT does not update the current day in scenarios above?

Thanks

Comment

imported post

Dierk Droth wrote:
          Are you saying NT does not update the current day in scenarios above?

Thanks

Yes that is the case. I'm not saying it never works, its just that I observe inconsistency. From my experience I witness one of two scenarios:

If I close out the chart window before ending NT session, usually (not every case) the next time I open up NT I will open a brand new chart and backfill in order to get all day(s) worth of data, but I have to resize and reset all parameters to how I had it before

or

If I leave the chart window open when I close down NT, the next time i run it it will start to plot data from the time it is running and not backfill data points from when computer wasrecording incoming data, even if you switch instruments and switch back. Or say if there was a data disconnect and reconnect that gap is not filled when closing down and opening a new chart even.

Could you please walk me through the best waytomanage/obtainbackfill data? Also for what its worth I am primarily interested in tick charts so i'm not sure if there is a difference in the way NT calculate/stores/recalls tick vs minute data as with some other programs.

Comment

imported post

a) please consult the docs to get familiar with the conecpt of chart templates (to store your chart parameters)
            b) chart position and size are not managed by chart templates. Both are only maintained on chart window if you shut down NT having a chart open.
            c) on the backfill: Strange ... can you please check your logs if there is some funniness going on?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes