• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion please

Hi All,

I've got a strategy that works well for me using Gain FX. I'd like some opinion on what's the best plan to implement the following:-

1. Already have Strategy set up
    2. Basically I use this to place straddle trades prior to News Announcements
    3. I'd like to automate the moving/adjusting of prices prior to the news time
    4. Once this 'time' has been reached, no further adjustments take place and the strategy itself takes over

I have something similar using Metatrader 'Expert Advisors' and am looking for advice on how best to implement this into Ninjatrader. Are there any examples of such things being done before ?

Cheers
    Martin

imported post

Hi Martin,

NinjaTrader makes order modifications in Gain based on Best Bid/Ask. There is not a timevalue that you can use tomodify the orders.

Comment

imported post

Hey Byron,

I was wanting to modify price to stay away from the price action until a certain time. At that point, the trade order would stay as is and await either being hit or it would be cancelled after, say, 3 minutes.

I'm sure Ninjatrader can query the time in code as well as adjust trade orders to remain a certain distance from the current price point.

Or am I wrong in assuming this?

Thanks again for the help
      Martin

Comment

imported post

This functionality does not currently exist within NinjaTrader. However, I will add it to our list of future considerations for implementation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ralett, Today, 06:20 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ralett
        by ralett

Started by grizzlytrader, Today, 06:24 AM
        1 response
        0 likes