• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bitcoin Futures?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bitcoin Futures?

    CME is coming out with bitcoin futures mid Dec 2017. Will NT7 be able to load the symbol?

    #2
    Hello brucelevy,

    Thank you for your post.

    When the CME Group releases information about the symbol for bitcoin futures, it will be possible to map this symbol within NinjaTrader from a supported data provider.

    Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      So will we be able to trade the Bitcoin futures market using Ninjatrader when it opens in a few weeks?

      Comment


        #4
        We do not have information from the CME or from supported brokers on how/if these instruments will be supported for live trading.

        Once the underlying information is provided by the brokerages/exchange this will have no known technical limitation within the NinjaTrader platform which stop it from working. The instrument can be created and then traded.

        If you're looking for information specific to NinjaTrader Brokerage, please contact their support team directly at BrokerageSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.
        Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

        Comment


          #5
          CBOE got all the contract specifications ready, including ticker, margins, starting to trade on 10 Dec :
          http://cfe.cboe.com/cfe-products/xbt...specifications

          Will we have it in Ninja Trader?

          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post
          Hello brucelevy,

          Thank you for your post.

          When the CME Group releases information about the symbol for bitcoin futures, it will be possible to map this symbol within NinjaTrader from a supported data provider.

          Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

          Comment


            #6
            The CME and CFE futures instruments have already been added to NinjaTrader 8. NinjaTrader 7 will include them in an upcoming new release.

            If the exact symbol you're looking for is not in NinjaTrader by default, you can create it manually:
            • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
            • Press the 'New' button
            • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
            • Fill in any relevant information under the 'Misc' tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
            • Press the 'OK' button
            Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

            Comment


              #7
              Thank you, I'm using NT 7, when is the upcoming new release? And can I create XBT symbol manually in NT 7 now?

              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              The CME and CFE futures instruments have already been added to NinjaTrader 8. NinjaTrader 7 will include them in an upcoming new release.

              If the exact symbol you're looking for is not in NinjaTrader by default, you can create it manually:
              • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
              • Press the 'New' button
              • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
              • Fill in any relevant information under the 'Misc' tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
              • Press the 'OK' button

              Comment


                #8
                'BTC' and 'XBT' will be included in a release which will tentatively be available this Wednesday (December 6th).

                You can monitor the release notes here to determine when a new release is available:

                https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

                You could create this instrument now, however, keep in mind that there is not currently any data as this instrument has not yet gone live on the exchange.

                Here is a screenshot from the NinjaTrader 8 XBT instrument for your reference:

                https://www.screencast.com/t/WYTGdvZUcRP

                Here is a short video which shows all expiries. You can pause the video at each contract if needed:

                https://www.screencast.com/t/lBzvfL8W
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 12-04-2017, 12:33 PM.
                Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                Comment


                  #9
                  dont see it

                  Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                  'BTC' and 'XBT' will be included in a release which will tentatively be available this Wednesday (December 6th).

                  You can monitor the release notes here to determine when a new release is available:

                  https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

                  You could create this instrument now, however, keep in mind that there is not currently any data as this instrument has not yet gone live on the exchange.

                  Here is a screenshot from the NinjaTrader 8 XBT instrument for your reference:

                  https://www.screencast.com/t/WYTGdvZUcRP

                  Here is a short video which shows all expiries. You can pause the video at each contract if needed:

                  https://www.screencast.com/t/lBzvfL8W
                  Hi Patrick just looking at link you provided and yes I see aNT7 V 37 release notes today 12-6-17 but no mention of aforementioned XBT or BTC. Did I miss something? or has it not been added yet to NT7 and will it be? I see in NT8.
                  Thanks
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	V37.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	885716
                  Last edited by sonia0101; 12-06-2017, 04:10 PM.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    They are not mentioned in the release notes, but I can confirm that BTC and XBT are included in the new NinjaTrader 7 release.

                    You'll need to make sure to reset your instruments after upgrading to receive the instruments in your database.

                    To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
                    • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                    • Enter your license key and press Submit
                    • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
                    • Select 'Download'
                    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

                    To reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
                    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
                    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
                    • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
                    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Does anyone know what the margin requirements and commissions will be?

                      Thanks.
                      Chris

                      Comment


                        #12
                        You'll need to reach out to your potential broker for information about margin and commissions.

                        If you're looking for information about NinjaTrader Brokerage, their support team's contact information can be found here:

                        http://ninjatrader.com/ContactUs
                        Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                        Comment


                          #13
                          This is from CBOE email I received:

                          There is no multiplier for the contract so, each contract is dollar for dollar. As of right now, the OCC has the initial margin set for 44% with maintenance set at 40%.

                          Originally posted by chrisca View Post
                          Does anyone know what the margin requirements and commissions will be?

                          Thanks.
                          Chris

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                            They are not mentioned in the release notes, but I can confirm that BTC and XBT are included in the new NinjaTrader 7 release.

                            You'll need to make sure to reset your instruments after upgrading to receive the instruments in your database.

                            To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
                            • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                            • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                            • Enter your license key and press Submit
                            • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
                            • Select 'Download'
                            • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

                            To reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
                            • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
                            • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
                            • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
                            No BTC or XBT in the list, after upgrading.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              outsource, that would be unexpected after upgrading NinjaTrader 7 to the latest version and resetting your instruments.

                              If you've searched through the master instrument list in the Instrument Manager (on the right) and cannot find these instruments after the above steps, please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we can investigate your NinjaTrader install further. Make sure to put a brief description of the issue in the body of your message and link to this forum thread.
                              Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                              Comment

                              Latest Posts

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by n8dogg59, Today, 03:07 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post n8dogg59  
                              Started by Newtrader101, Today, 10:31 AM
                              1 response
                              16 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post koganam
                              by koganam
                               
                              Started by nepenthean, Today, 12:36 PM
                              1 response
                              8 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                              Started by sun0781, Yesterday, 05:02 PM
                              1 response
                              24 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                              Started by Emma1, Today, 12:14 PM
                              1 response
                              4 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                              Working...
                              X