X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    What contract month are you viewing?

What is your NT7 merge policy? You can check by going to Tools > Options > Data tab.

Leave a comment:

• sonia0101
    replied
    bitcoin futures

Hi Ryan I am using NT brokerage NT Continuum data,
    I have already reset instruments and I see the contracts in IM
    Can see chart in NT8 but not NT7 7 is on V37
    tried resetting,repairing DB still nothing on chart.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by sonia0101; 12-12-2017, 05:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    The latest NinjaTrader 7 update to version 7.0.1000.37 contains the needed master instrument XBT. To check which version you're on please go to Help > About in the NinjaTrader platform.

If you have a version earlier than the 7.0.1000.37, please go to Help > Download Site and update your copy and only then proceed.

If you are on the 7.0.1000.37 version and do not see the master instrument XBT listed (this can be checked via Tools > Instrument Manager > Type XBT in the Name filed and hit 'Search'), please 'Reset Instruments' under Tools > Options > Data > Database Management.

Interactive Brokers is not mapped for XBT by default. However, it can be manually configured with the following mapping:

Interactive Brokers : XBT

To add any of those manually in, please follow those steps -
    1. Disconnect from all connections
    2. To find the XBT master instrument go to Tools > Instrument Manager > Type XBT in the Name filed and hit 'Search'
    3. Click on 'Edit' to open the Instrument Editor
    4. Select the 'Misc' tab here
    5. Scroll down to the 'Symbol map' section.
    6. Enter 'XBT' next to 'Interactive Brokers' > OK > OK.
    7. Restart NinjaTrader fresh after those new mappings are set.

More info could also be found here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

Leave a comment:

• ty555
    replied
    Interactive Broker BTC exchange - CFECRYPTO

In Interactive Brokers, the exchange they use for XBT is called CFECRYPTO. Does this need to match exactly in Ninjatrader 7? I see Cfe, but no CFECRYPTO exchange under the XBT futures symbol in Ninjatrader 7.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    outsource, that would be unexpected after upgrading NinjaTrader 7 to the latest version and resetting your instruments.

If you've searched through the master instrument list in the Instrument Manager (on the right) and cannot find these instruments after the above steps, please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we can investigate your NinjaTrader install further. Make sure to put a brief description of the issue in the body of your message and link to this forum thread.

Leave a comment:

• outsource
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
    They are not mentioned in the release notes, but I can confirm that BTC and XBT are included in the new NinjaTrader 7 release.

You'll need to make sure to reset your instruments after upgrading to receive the instruments in your database.

To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

To reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
    • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
    No BTC or XBT in the list, after upgrading.

Leave a comment:

• meowflying
    replied
    This is from CBOE email I received:

There is no multiplier for the contract so, each contract is dollar for dollar. As of right now, the OCC has the initial margin set for 44% with maintenance set at 40%.

Originally posted by chrisca View Post
    Does anyone know what the margin requirements and commissions will be?

Thanks.
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    You'll need to reach out to your potential broker for information about margin and commissions.

If you're looking for information about NinjaTrader Brokerage, their support team's contact information can be found here:

If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, or want to open an account, we're here to help. Click here to find the appropriate contact for your needs!

Leave a comment:

• chrisca
    replied
    Does anyone know what the margin requirements and commissions will be?

Thanks.
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    They are not mentioned in the release notes, but I can confirm that BTC and XBT are included in the new NinjaTrader 7 release.

You'll need to make sure to reset your instruments after upgrading to receive the instruments in your database.

To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

To reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
    • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

Leave a comment:

• sonia0101
    replied
    dont see it

'BTC' and 'XBT' will be included in a release which will tentatively be available this Wednesday (December 6th).

You can monitor the release notes here to determine when a new release is available:

You could create this instrument now, however, keep in mind that there is not currently any data as this instrument has not yet gone live on the exchange.

Here is a screenshot from the NinjaTrader 8 XBT instrument for your reference:

Here is a short video which shows all expiries. You can pause the video at each contract if needed:

https://www.screencast.com/t/lBzvfL8W
    Hi Patrick just looking at link you provided and yes I see aNT7 V 37 release notes today 12-6-17 but no mention of aforementioned XBT or BTC. Did I miss something? or has it not been added yet to NT7 and will it be? I see in NT8.
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	V37.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	885716
    Last edited by sonia0101; 12-06-2017, 04:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    'BTC' and 'XBT' will be included in a release which will tentatively be available this Wednesday (December 6th).

You can monitor the release notes here to determine when a new release is available:

You could create this instrument now, however, keep in mind that there is not currently any data as this instrument has not yet gone live on the exchange.

Here is a screenshot from the NinjaTrader 8 XBT instrument for your reference:

Here is a short video which shows all expiries. You can pause the video at each contract if needed:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 12-04-2017, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• meowflying
    replied
    Thank you, I'm using NT 7, when is the upcoming new release? And can I create XBT symbol manually in NT 7 now?

The CME and CFE futures instruments have already been added to NinjaTrader 8. NinjaTrader 7 will include them in an upcoming new release.

If the exact symbol you're looking for is not in NinjaTrader by default, you can create it manually:
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
    • Press the 'New' button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the 'Misc' tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
    • Press the 'OK' button

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    The CME and CFE futures instruments have already been added to NinjaTrader 8. NinjaTrader 7 will include them in an upcoming new release.

If the exact symbol you're looking for is not in NinjaTrader by default, you can create it manually:
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
    • Press the 'New' button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the 'Misc' tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
    • Press the 'OK' button

Leave a comment:

• meowflying
    replied
    CBOE got all the contract specifications ready, including ticker, margins, starting to trade on 10 Dec :
    http://cfe.cboe.com/cfe-products/xbt...specifications

Will we have it in Ninja Trader?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post
    Hello brucelevy,

Thank you for your post.

When the CME Group releases information about the symbol for bitcoin futures, it will be possible to map this symbol within NinjaTrader from a supported data provider.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
95 responses
0 likes
Last Post xiinteractive  
Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post xiinteractive