X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VWAP in NT8

Is there a VWAP indicator in NT8?

Hello First,

Currently, there is a migration to a updated forum and we are moving shared indicators to the ecosystem site.

I'm attaching the open source VWAP8 indicator to this post so that you may download.
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was looking for this post (VWAP in NT8) so long but didn’t find this solution, now I have finally found this solution, thanks for this awesome post.

Comment

Hi there, how can I add upper and lower bands? I´d like to set it like I have it in thinkorswim. Thanks!

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Ivantr,

Below is an updated link to this converted script.

Also, please note for lifetime licenses, there is an Order Flow VWAP indicator available.
          Order flow trading with Order Flow + helps you visualize buying & selling pressure through Volumetric bars, order flow market depth, order flow volume profile & more!

Unfortunately, this indicator (and the original) has one line.
          It would be necessary to modify the code to add additional plots that band around the VWAP plot.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code this yourself.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to modify this indicator on your behalf.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

I wonder if it would be possible to create a modified version of this VWAP open source indicator for NinjaTrader 8.

Best regards.
            Last edited by Guest; 02-24-2020, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Hello Zenersev,

Unfortunately, the premium Order Flow+ indicators are not open source and cannot be copied and modified.

The open source script on the User App Share is open source and can be copied and modified.

Below is a link to a video that demonstrates copying an open source script.
              Dive into manipulating C# code from within an unlocked NinjaScript strategy using the NinjaScript Editor.3:11 Creating a New NinjaScript Strategy13:52 Analyz...

In an open source script, you would be able to write any C# code you would like.

Comment

Thank you Chelsea, I am going to watch that tutorial.
                Last edited by Guest; 02-24-2020, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Chelsea, I am a Lifetime License member. I have access to the OrderFlow tools for NT8. There was a programmer on Futures.io (formerly Big Mike's) that built a Volume Profile tool that drew lines High Volume Nodes and Low Volume Nodes. Any chance NT8 can include that ability in the future?

Comment

Hello RJBen,

I will submit a feature request for the Order Flow Volume Profile to include High Volume Nodes and Low Volume Nodes. Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.

Comment

Hello RJBen,

This request is being tracked with ID# SFT-3297.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                      Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes