Import NinaScript Archive Zip File Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import NinaScript Archive Zip File Warning

When trying to install a custom indicator in NinjaTrader 7 I encounter the below error message,
    "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors..."
    I know this issue has been previously asked and answered, but I am not tech savvy. Is there anyway a technician can connect to my computer remotely and fix this issue.
    Attached Files

Hello Valdon,
    Thanks for your post.

Often resolving these errors is as easy as following a few simple steps and resolving issues on the forum is a great way to help the rest of the community solve similar issues. To resolve your error yourself please follow these steps:
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.
    If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column). To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.
    Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Click here for detailed instruction

If you would like remote support please write in to PlatformSupport(AT)NinjaTrader(DOT)com. Feel free to reference this forum post with RE:JoshG in the subject line.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh, thanks for your reply. Here is a copy of the screenshot. if you are unable to work with this, I will send an email to platform support requesting remote assistance.
      Attached Files

Comment

I cannot be sure because the error code column is not visible. If you right-click inside the NinjaScript Editor>>References do you see any references to these 'SLO' indicators? Can you take a screenshot of your 'References' window?

Comment

Here you go Josh. These are special indicators created for me to use to trade options. Trust this helps.
          Attached Files

Comment

Can you please resize you "References" window so that everything is visible? Also, can you please resize the columns to the right of the "Error" column? I would like to see the specific error codes being displayed.

Comment

Here they are I hope this helps. Unfortunately, I have to be away from my computer. If you wish, I can email support tomorrow and ask if you can help me via Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled3.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	1035040Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled4.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	307.2 KB
ID:	1035041 remote assistance

Comment

I agree, we should schedule a remote session. I look forward to assisting you

Comment

Good Morning Josh,
                  Thanks for your reply. Please let me know what time/day works best for you.

Comment

Any time works for me. Simply write in to PlatformSupport(AT)NinjaTrader(DOT)com with RE:JoshG in the subject line. Please reference this forum post.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes