Unable to change order, but trade still open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to change order, but trade still open

Hi -- just had an incident earlier today where a trailing stop didn't work (Sell order stop price must be below last trade price, reject code: 2060), and I get why that happened, that's fine -- but the problem is Ninjatrader didn't automatically close the order, which I understood was what should happen when an order is rejected... I was left in the market, and had to manually close the position.

Here's the log message: 10/11/2018 10:30:51 AM Order AMP, Unable to change order '888060972': Sell order stop price must be below last trade price ExchangeRejectCode = 2060 affected Order: Sell 1 StopLimit @ 2780.75 x 2775.75

Please help me understand what's happening here. Thanks.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

There are very few circumstances in which NinjaTrader would automatically flatten your position when an order is rejected. Was this order submitted manually? Or was it submitted via an automated strategy?

Comment

.36 -- automated -- Is there a way I can make NT flatten the position upon rejection?

Comment

I would expect that, by default, a rejected order that originated from an automated strategy should cause three things:
        • Strategy cancels active orders
        • Strategy flattens the strategy position
        • Strategy disables itself
        The lines in your log/trace should have an additional item near this rejection which states this.

I see that you're running an older and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 7. The newer version contains many critical updates to the database. Please update NinjaTrader 7 and reset your instruments:

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
        Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
        • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
        • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
        • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
        To research further, I'd need to look at your log and trace files. Do not post these files on the forums. Contact us via email through the platform by following these steps:
        • Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support
        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1987733 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Jon17
        by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
        0 responses