Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only Seeing 5 days of tick data for NQ Futures

Hi,

When I load a 100 tick chart for NQ 12-18 Futures, I am only able to go back 5 days.

My connection is IQ Feed, which I believe promotes 180 day tick data. I have tried downloading a selected range relevant to the contract but it will not produce anything except the 5 most recent days. Older contracts show no data whatsoever.

Please help.

IQFeed limits historical tick data requests to 8 prior days during RTH hours. You should be able to request more tick data after 5PM eastern US time.

Comment

Thank you for that.

I just established a Kinetick connection as well.. Now it is showing 8 days of tick data. From 10/9/18 till now.. Before, the IQ Feed connection was only showing from 10/12/18 till now..

This doesn't seem right.. Shouldn't I be able to go 180 days back with Kinetick??

Comment

Kinetick and IQFeed share the same 8 day historical tick data restriction during RTH hours.

Comment

So after the close I will able to access 180 days of tick data?

Comment

That's correct.

Comment

Hi,

My question is relevant to this thread so figured I'd post here rather than create a new one.

Kinetick is my data provider, they only supply the last 180 days of historical tick data.

My question is, if I turn off "Merge back-adjusted data", will I be able to see the last 180 days of each individual futures contract?

In other words, can I download tick data for an ES contract that has already expired?

The reason is I would able to backtest my strategy on a much larger time scale, although it would be more work, rather than importing additional data from a 3rd party.

Comment

The data would only be available for 180 days prior to today, so you could load up the ES 09-18 and pull historical tick data as you've suggested, but it would not go further back than 180 days from today.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB