Program Strategy Analyzer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Program Strategy Analyzer Question

Hope someone can give me an idea on this. I have 2 moving averages, type dosen't matter for this discusion(faster & slower periods). How does one state a condition that when the faster MA slopes up or positive from either flat or sloping down from the previous bar? I understand how to input the MA is greater than the previous bar, but it must 1st be either flat or sloping down before it starts sloping up. It has to slope up or in other words the bar would turn green if so coded. This is for a long with the slower MA also having to be sloping up at bar close. The opposite condition for a short.

So if this makes sense, at an exit condition the fast MA must 1st go back to flat or sloping down before it turns up again to look for a long. And it has to be on the 1st hook sloping up, no additional bars past the 1st positive slope up, that agrees with the slower MA sloping up.

Since you know how to create a condition to check when the MA is greater than the previous bar....just extend this concept. Check if the MA of the prior bar is less than or equal to the MA of 2 bars ago.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post junkone
    by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
    5 responses