Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Duplicate NT7 Accounts

Hello,

I'm trying to set up NT7 on a VPS, and I got several error messages after restoring a backup file from my PC to the VPS instance of NT7.

I was told by the VPS administrator that there is a duplicate Replay101 and a duplicate SIM101 account in my backup, and that could be contributing to or causing the problem.

I tried to remove the duplicate Replay and SIM accounts that I found after going into Tools > Options > Data > Account Groups, but when I selected the duplicate account and pressed the Remove button, nothing happened.

Screenshot attached.

Please tell me how to remove the duplicate Replay and SIM accounts that I have.

Thanks,
    Attached Files

Hello i2w8am9ii2, thank you for posting to the support forum.

The screenshot you provided isn't the location for deleting simulation accounts, but for editing group accounts.

To test removing extra simulation accounts, please remove the accounts by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Options > Simulator tab. In the Simulator tab, in the "Misc" section, click "Accounts". In the small Accounts window, you may delete any accounts that are present with the exception of the Sim101, the Replay101, and the Backtest accounts. You may also reset accounts in the Simulator tab by clicking Reset. You should be able to reset any simulation accounts that present.

If you see the same when restoring from a backup, likely, you'll need to test a new database. You may rename your database by following the steps below.
    1. Shut down NinjaTrader
    2. Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
    3. Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename."
    4. Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
    5. Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    6. Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

After launching NinjaTrader, please test restoring from a backup.

If you continue to see the same, please write into platform support which you may do by navigating to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

In the body, please reference my name, "ATTN Riley" and provide this forum link: "https://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=106185"

I look forward to being of further assistance if you continue to experience difficulties.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info Riley,

I appreciate it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      168 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post sidlercom80