Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to use the indicator "a1chartnotes"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use the indicator "a1chartnotes"?

Hello Support or anyone else in this forum,

I downloaded the attached "chartnotes" indicator from this site. But the author did not demo how to use it. Does anyone know how to use this? A quick reply would be greatly appreciated.

Ray
    Attached Files

raymondwins,

Thanks for posting.

I noticed you linked a NinjaTrader 7 add-on and posted in the NinjaTrader 8 section of the Support Forum, which version of the platform are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X or 8.0.X.X).

Our ability to provide insight on third party items is generally limited, but I'm happy to help out as much as possible here. I have loaded this item on my end and experiment with the settings and report back here with my findings.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply

Hi Drew,
      Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using NT 7.0.1000.35 for this indicator. Yeah, if you could figure out how to use this chart note utility that would be great.

Also, could you move this series of posts to the NT7 section to make it more suited for other traders? Thanks.
      Ray
      Last edited by raymondwins; 11-29-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

raymondwins,

Thanks for your reply.

I have moved this thread to the NinjaTrader 7 section of our Support Forum.

Once downloaded, you can import this item under File -> Utilities -> Import NinjaScript. Find the downloaded .zip file and click "Open."

Once imported, you can add the indicator to the chart by right-clicking within the chart and selecting "Indicators." Double-click "a1ChartNotes" to add the indicator to the chart. On the right, you'll; see Note1, Note2, Note3, etc., for each of the five available notes to put on the chart. On the first line of each Note, click the "..." button that appears when the Text line is selected. A new window will appear where you can add your desired note. Finally, change any other desired parameters like font and color, and then click "OK."

Note: Typically, we are unable to provide this sort of information for custom add-on's, and the creator/vendor of the item would be best to provide this information. However, this was a more basic indicator and I was able to quickly figure out it's functionality.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank You.

Thank You Drew.

I appreciate you went out of the way to help! And I hope that your work won't just helped me, but many more novice NT users as well! Have a great rest of the week!
          Ray

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Denver_Wayne  
            Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM