Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with tick candlesticks

Hi,

I have an issue with tick candlesticks in Ninjatrader.
    I am operating with two different computers with the same configuration and with my account and subaccount (mainly the FDAX).

The tick candlesticks are different in both computers and for me it is a problem because I am operating based in the type of candlestick.

I am also in a group of traders. Some of them are using other program to operate different markets and they all have the same candlesticks. No difference between them.

The only ones with this problem is Ninjatrader users. And FDAX is the market with less differences. If you try Nasdaq or CL or other markets, candlesticks are absolutly different.

Please advise because that is a real problem.

Hello Alvaro1982,

Thank you for your post,

Glad to assist, who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Who is your broker?

(For a chart) what type or tick interval is selected?

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your quick reply. Below answers to your questions:

1) Who are you connected to? -- Ninjatrader Continuum

2) Who is your broker? -- Ninjatrader brokerage

3) What type or tick interval is selected? -- It depends on the market. For FDAX it is 135 tick candlesticks.

Regards

Alvaro

Comment

Thank you for your reply and additional information.

This is due to how tick bars are built in combination with historical data. When opening a new tick chart, reloading data or connecting to a data provider, the bars are backfilled via the historical data server and the current bar begins receiving ticks. If charts are opened and begin receiving data at different times, this causes the ticks needed for each bar to result in different bars.

See the below section of our help guide for more on this topic, see "Understanding why a chart can look different after reloading historical data from the server"

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._are_built.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hi again,

Ok. So please explain me how we can trust what we are seeing and how we can trust Ninjatrader when other programs show the same to all their users not depending when they start the program or connect it.

This is very bad

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

From our help guide, "The only way to ensure that data always looks the same is if every connectivity provider sent ticks with time stamps AND that all vendors synchronized on time stamps. Unfortunately, this is just not a reality nor plausible scenario."

To clarify, this limitation is only regard tick-based charts, time-based charts should load as expected after a reload.If you are seeing this with time-based charts as well, please write in in to PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] Com regarding the issue so we may advise further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes