Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message connecting to IB

I keep getting this error message
    "Ninja Trader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next 5 minutes Historical Market Data Service error message. Historical data request pacing violation.

Error in requesting historical data from IB No security definition has been found for the request(200).

Please explain how to fix it.
    Thanks

Hello designer,

Unfortunately, the first message is as expected upon requesting too much historical data from IB. They have a limitation on how much historical data you can request. Please wait 5 minutes and you should be able to request additional historical data.

As per the second message, please tell me what instrument produces this message. The message indicates the instrument in question is not setup correctly or you are not authorized to receive data for this instrument.

Try resetting your instruments via Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and remove and add the instrument from your instrument list in the Instrument Manager.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The instruments are Currency an happens when updating data for Market Analyzer.
      In terms of the first question what options do i have in order to fix this issue?
      Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Can you please verify you are authorized to receive forex data with IB. Are you able to open up a chart for the EURUSD for example. What are you exact steps to update data in the Market Analyzer.

As per the first question, there is nothing else you can do to workaround this except wait 5 minutes.

Comment

Yes I can get currencies ok if I get another data vendor will it help?
          How do i set it up correctly?
          Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Are you able to pull up a EURUSD chart?

Did you go to Tools>Options>Misc tab>Reset Instruments?
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes to all

Comment

Hello designer,

Could you please tell me your exact steps in the Market Analyzer when the error message occurs.

Make sure you have TWS 887 and NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.6 installed.

I tested the EURUSD and AUSUSD in the Market Analyzer and could not reproduce the error message.

Comment

1- How do i set the chart and Market Analyzer to show the Instrument Name in addition to Symbol name?

2- Can I download historical and current data from Interactive Brokers into Ninja Traders so It doesnt have to re-download it every time I open NT?

3- I keep getting this error message
                  "Ninja Trader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next 5 minutes Historical Market Data Service error message. Historical data request pacing violation.
                  Error in requesting historical data from IB No security definition has been found for the request(200)".

Can I turn the message off so i dont get it again? i just wait the 5 minutes....

4- Do you have a list data providers for NT to choose from?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I just responded to the email you sent in to support at ninjatrader dot com. If you do not receive it with in 10 minutes please repost.

Comment

Answers?

Originally posted by designer View Post
                      2- Can I download historical and current data from Interactive Brokers into Ninja Traders so It doesnt have to re-download it every time I open NT?
                      Do you know the answer to this question yet? The IB data limitation is killing me...

Thanks

Comment

Hello Trevor.Richter,

Please send an e-mail to support at NinjaTrader dot com. Place ATTN: Mike in the subject line.
                        MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Me too

I am also having this issue when pulling up 15 days worth of 1-minute bars on $EURUSD with IB. I am using TWS 887.2 and NT 6.5.1000.7. Usuaully gets a week or two fine, but by the time it gets to the third or forth week, I get the IB pacing violation error popup in NT.

Comment

Hello,

Check your log tab for errors.

Also up date your version of NT here:

Comment

Updated to NT 6.5.1000.8 with same issue. When I check the Log tab, I see the following (in green):

"NinjaTrader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes: Historical Market Data Service error message:Historical data request pacing violation"

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a 1-minute chart of $EURUSD, go into format data series and select 180 days back.

NT pop will come up displaying that it is loading data for xxx date, for me it usually gets back to about 1 month from current, then starts throwing the pacing error messages.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                              Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post FrazMann