Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Instruments for 2019

Hello,

I'm on NT7 and in the instruments/contracts menu there are no instruments shown for 2019 so when the ES rolls over in December I have no way of rolling the contract. I have reset the instruments from the options menu but still there is nothing. The last ES contract is for 12-18 and after that there is nothing. How can this be fixed? I'm sure its a simple fix or something I am missing. Thanks in advance!

Hello RockRiver,
    Thanks for your post.

To go ahead and add the ES 03-19 instrument you can search for the instrument in the Instrument Manager.
    • Type "ES" in the Name files at the top and press Enter.
    • Left click on the ES Futures instrument to select it.
    • Set the Expiry to 03-19 from the dropdown menu.
    • Press the left arrow to add the instrument
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

When the rollover data occurs, you may follow the instructions below to roll over the expiration date of a futures contract.
    • From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
    • Highlight the contract you wish to rollover on the left side of the Instrument Manager window
    • Press the '>' button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
    • Press the '<' button and the instrument should re-appear with the front-month expiration date
    • Select 'OK'
    • Select the updated contract in the Instrument drop-down menu within your currently opened windows (Charts, SuperDOMs, etc).
    I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over rolling over a futures contract.To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is Saturday Nov 17, and restarting NT7 has still not seen the contract manager populated with CL 01-19, or CLEF19. Most brokers mandated Friday was the last trading date. Volume certainly had moved over 2 or 3 days before that.

I guess going forward I have to create an entry to allow charts to display properly, so that displaying CL 01-19 chart can pull in correct contract volume data (as well as cumulative delta via GomCD) ?

More contracts will see volume moving next week (GC, for example); it's disappointing there are no pushes via NT7 for any 2019 contracts yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Beljevina View Post
        It is Saturday Nov 17, and restarting NT7 has still not seen the contract manager populated with CL 01-19, or CLEF19. Most brokers mandated Friday was the last trading date. Volume certainly had moved over 2 or 3 days before that.

I guess going forward I have to create an entry to allow charts to display properly, so that displaying CL 01-19 chart can pull in correct contract volume data (as well as cumulative delta via GomCD) ?

More contracts will see volume moving next week (GC, for example); it's disappointing there are no pushes via NT7 for any 2019 contracts yet.
        i just checked my NT7.0.1000.39 and CL has available contracts via the instrument manager thru 2021

Click image for larger version

Name:	instrumentmanager.png
Views:	563
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1040223

Comment

Originally posted by billywantstoknow View Post

i just checked my NT7.0.1000.39 and CL has available contracts via the instrument manager thru 2021
          Yes, that list is there, by default. But, it is the additional data behind each month that is missing, ie the (very important) date of roll, and the price offset, so that back-adjusted charts can display properly, but also giving guidance to NT on which dates and from which contracts to pull data such as volume, delta, etc.

I have manually tried to add this, but it does not seem to be displaying properly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Missing Roll date.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1040239

Comment

Hello Beljevina,

Are you on the 7.0.1000.39?

If you reset your instruments do you still see the the same thing? To reset your instruments follow these steps:
            • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
            • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
            • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.

Comment

I am indeed on NT7 .39. Reboots have not produced the new contracts, for days now.

To display GomCD data properly, I have modified most of these dates. (something important to me, for monthly rolling instruments)

If I reset the instruments, will that also reset the "Rollover date" that is attached to each CL, ES and other contracts? What other things associated with the Instrument Manager will be modified or reset?

Comment

Beljevina,

Resetting your instruments will reset your instruments in the Instrument manager to original installation settings. User added instruments will not be affected.

Comment

Hello Beljevina,
                  Yes I think it will also reset the Rollover Date. I dont like that cause I too modified lots of these dates and I dont want to loose this changes.
                  Josh, is there any other way how to not loose user's manual modifications? Or the only way if we dont want to loose these changes is not to do Reset Instruments?
                  thanks!

Comment

rasto800, There will be no way to do that. The only way to not loose those changes would be to not reset. Unfortunately, not resetting your instruments between database updates is not an option for NT7.

Comment

Awesome! I fixed it Thanks Guys!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM