Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Charts not displaying overnight data. Unable to trade. Urgent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not displaying overnight data. Unable to trade. Urgent.

I'm having a problem this morning with all charts in my primary workspace. My data feed is supplying last trade price level, but the charts are not reflecting ANY of the overnight data. This is a huge issue and preventing me from working today. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Here is some background info and steps I've taken in attempt to resolve the issue.

NT version...7.0.1000.39 (I believe this was the version I was using all along, but I went to your sire and re-downloaded this version and rebooted NT and it didn't resolve the issue.)

Deleted the Cash, tick, day and minute files from the DB folder and restarted NT. This didn't resolve the issue.

Charts are set to display 24/7. End date is displaying 11/5/2018 so it should display current and past data, right?

Data feed is Rithmic.

I'm happy to provide contact information for a screen sharing session if needed. Assistance needed ASAP.

Thanks,

Dallasstarsfan

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 12-18, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.

(For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

If you right-click on your charts and select 'reload all historical data', does historical data populate?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Sorry I didn't include this requested information initially.

ES-12 18

I'm encountering this issue with both a 200 tick chart and an hourly chart

No error message on screen at all

I can't find anything in the log that looks like an error message. There are some lines saying chart objects (up/down arrows) have been removed as they are over 20 days old.

I did right click the charts to reload historical data. The charts showed no data between Fridays close and the current time.

Thanks for helping. Let me know what we need next.

Comment

Additional point. This may already be clear, but when I just rebooted there is no data shown in any of the workspace charts between Friday's close and the time of booting up today.

Comment

Which 'cache' folder did you delete? Was it the one within the NinjaTrader 7 > db folder? Or just within the NinjaTrader 7 folder?

I cannot reproduce this issue on my end when using a Rithmic-based connection. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2001286 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

HI Patrick,

Looks like the cache folder I deleted was NOT the one under the DB folder, but the one in the NT7 tree. I sent the log and trace files per your request with the ticket number and your name in the subject line.

Thanks!

Dallasstarsfan

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I had a problem with NT automatically linking to an email platform no longer functioning correctly on my desktop. I attempted to copy all the data that NT put into the email and send it to you from my operational email platform. Please let me know if you didn't receive it of if the copied information is unusable.

Thanks!

Comment

I've used NT for the better part of 10 years and rarely had issues. Today's issue may have been self imposed if I deleted some needed files. Support here is rarely used and excellent when needed

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Sorry for not seeing this. I cleared the wrong cache folder and assumed I had deleted some important files. I went back and deleted the files in the cache folder under the DB file (which was my original intention) and it resolved the issue. Sorry for the drama today. I'm going to blame it on being Monday:-) Please consider this issue resolved.

As always, I am appreciative of the top notch support you guys give to this awesome platform!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Christopher_R  
                  Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                  166 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post sidlercom80