NinjaTrader 7 - Unable to Load Historical Data - Instrument Unknown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader 7 - Unable to Load Historical Data - Instrument Unknown

I added the new stock symbol (White Mountains Insurance Group) WTM to the instrument data. Ninjatrader loads up the Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly time frames

When I try to view any of the minute time frames, I receive the attached error message. Can you look into this?

I am using Kinetic Live Data Feed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	White Mountain Daily Chart.png
Views:	565
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1038820Click image for larger version

Name:	WTM Minute Chart.png
Views:	272
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	1038821

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)Can you tell me how your process of creating/loading this instrument was different?

Also, to clarify - you're connected to a paid Kinetick feed, not the Kinetick end-of-day feed?

Comment

Good Morning Patrick

Thanks for your reply. My version number is 7.0.1000.39 and I am using live data feed. My process was to open a blank chart and click the WTM symbol I created. Using the steps above I created the APPL daily chart, but how do you change the APPL symbol to WTM symbol? Could you provide me with the link/resources which shows how to do it your way?

Comment

I got your initial version response via email so I responded via email. We can keep the conversation going here or via email, but lets pick one - I'd personally prefer email since I can gather more specific information about your NinjaTrader.

To change instruments the way I describe, you just begin typing while the chart is selected. This brings up the mini data series box. This is also how to create custom equity instruments. WTM isn't built into NinjaTrader, so it must have been created in some way. Could you detail how the WTM instrument was created?

Please respond to my email so we can continue to conversation there.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Barry Milan  
        Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
        14 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Handclap0241