Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB and Separate Data Feed , in NT7

Hello Support ,

I have currently NT7 , a data feed and IB live account to trade futures in indian markets.
    I first connect to the data feed and then to the IB account. From the data feed, I have imported symbols to NT7 . How do map it to IB account ?

Current latest version of TWS is 968.x but in the connection guide it says to use 960.x . Is there a issue if I connect to the latest version ?

How can I test this setup ? Then I can go ahead and buy the Multibroker license from Ninja .
    Chinmaya

chinmaya122,

Thanks for posting.

Only the version listed in the Connection Guide, 960.2g, would be supported for use with NinjaTrader. When you mention connecting to the data feed, are you referring to connecting to Interactive Brokers or another connection?

The following link will take you to a publicly available page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Drew ,

Thanks for getting back. To answer your question :

When you mention connecting to the data feed, are you referring to connecting to Interactive Brokers or another connection?

I am connecting to another data feed. In the Sim account of NT7 , i can place orders using the data feed provided by the data vendor ( here TrueData ) .

I want to know how to map the data feed contract to ib contract . Because the charts load on the datafeed symbols.

Comment

Hello chinmaya122,

Thank you for your reply.

Please get the mapping information for the instruments in question from Interactive Brokers, and then follow the instructions below to edit the instruments.

-From the Control Center in NInjaTrader 7, click Tools>Instrument Manager
        -Under Name, type in the name of the first instrument and click Search
        From the results below, double-click the desired instrument. This will open an Instrument Editor window for that particular instrument
        -Navigate to the Misc tab, and then scroll down to the "Symbol map" section
        -Make sure to add the appropriate mapping info in the cell to the right of "InteractiveBrokers"
        -Click OK
        -Repeat for any additional symbols

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

I am trading the BANKNIFTY instrument which comes by default in NT7 . I have live IB account which i have connected and established a IB connection in NT7. Since the data feed will come during live market time and no data is stored , i am looking at data vendors.

I plan to use esignal as data provider. In the instrument mapping i see ESIGNAL row and is filled with the info.
          Why is this information filled for esignal when its only a data feed ?

Comment

The mapping for a symbol allows NinjaTrader to communicate with a provider regarding that instrument. Whether this is for data alone, order routing alone, or both will depend on the provider, but it is expected that the mapping would be there.

Comment

Thank you , so is it possible to add a new row there in the symbol mapping section ?

Comment

No - there is no separate mapping section. This is all handled on the backend and does not need to be specified by NinjaTrader users.

Comment

I am facing an issue. I connected to my data feed from a vendor and then to interactive brokers . I have mapped to the symbol from the data vendor to IB symbol format. When i place an order it shows Pending Submit and the order is not shown in IB order tab. What am i missing ?

Comment

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

I would need information from your log and trace files to accurately diagnose and resolve what you're reporting. These files should not be shared on the forums so please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Please include a link to this post and '1987873 ATTN Patrick G' in the message.

Comment

Sure Patrick . I was trying if the system actually worked or not. When using symbols for BANK NIFTY and NIFTY which were in NT7 and IB only data feed , I could see pending open orders in the orders tab. But now i have a data feed and when i place the orders there are no pending orders in the tab displayed. I had placed orders way below market price and my IB has voice and window alerts to show if orders are filled or not. I will send you the logs by email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ScottWalsh  
                      Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                      10 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post frankthearm