CL suddnely stopped sending data outside of the 9:00am - 2:30pm time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL suddnely stopped sending data outside of the 9:00am - 2:30pm time

Without making any changes at all to my platform, indicators - anything, suddenly I am not getting live data on CL only before 9am and after 2:30pm est. I have looked at everything I can think of and checked every other instrument and it is only CL and it just started yesterday - any ideas?

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What CL expiry have you selected? For example, CL 01-19?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

I am on ninjatrader 7 - version 7.0.1000.39

Comment

We assume your NinjaTrader version based on the sub-forum you post in. You posted in the NinjaTrader 8 forums. I've moved this post to the NinjaTrader 7 forums.

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What CL expiry have you selected? For example, CL 01-19?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

my apology, I must have posted in the wrong forum. Not sure how I missed that but in nay case
          I am connected to Rithmic for Ninja Trader Brokerage
          CL expiry is 12-18
          No errors on screen - nothing
          in the Log tab I do see some errors but only after I went in and "cleaned up" my instruments by deleting old contracts and adding in new ones - I was trying to see if this was hapening on any other instruments and any other settings. Now I have log errors for "CQG Adapter. SubscribeMarketDataResolve - vix is not enabled for real-time quotes and trading
          same for F.US>YM.U18 and F.US.EP.U18 and F.US.ENQ.U18

Comment

CL 12-18 is expired. CL 01-19 is the current front month. The messages you're referring to in your log are letting you know that your workspace(s) are requesting data for expired contracts:
            • F.US.YM.U18 = YM 09-18
            • F.US.EP.U18 = ES 09-18
            • F.US.ENQ.U18 = NQ 09-18
            https://www.cmegroup.com/month-codes.html

To ensure your NinjaTrader 7 database is up to date, please reset your instruments:
            • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
            • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
            • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.
            Please follow the instructions below to roll over the expiration date of a futures contract.
            • From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
            • Highlight the contract you wish to rollover on the left side of the Instrument Manager window
            • Press the '>' button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
            • Press the '<' button and the instrument should re-appear with the front-month expiration date
            • Select 'OK'
            • Select the updated contract in the Instrument drop-down menu within your currently opened windows (Charts, SuperDOMs, etc).
            I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over rolling over a futures contract.To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.

Comment

All good now - I see what happened, when I tried loading the new CL contract when the data seemed "off" on Monday, it would not give me the January contract, so I assumed it wasn't rollover time. What it was is that I needed to change the expiry month at the bottom of the instrument manage with the new calendar year - usually it does it automatically - my bad
              thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes