X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT app has stopped working

Hi,

I'm getting the following message on startup of NT7:

NinjaTrader application has stopped working.
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
    < Debug > < Close Program >

I just finished programming an indicator and NT crashed right after I inserted on to a chart. I'm pretty sure that caused the issue...I could see the memory spike up to 2g.

How do I go about getting back up and running?

Thanks,
    gbrad

gbrad,

Thanks for posting.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20171212.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20171212..txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's been sent. Thanks for your help Drew!

Comment

Trace file was resent. Let me know if you get it or not.

Comment

Drew,

I sent the trace file again through another email account. Look for an email from *.reagan.com

Thanks,
          Gary

Comment

Thanks a million Drew! Thank corrected the issue.

Regards,
            gbrad

Comment

NinjaTrader 7 Application Stopped Working

Good Morning,
              I received the same message today (Jan.9.18). I already sent all my Log and Trace files in a zip folder to platformsupport(at) ninjatrader (dot) com before reading this message.

The email was sent today.

Please advise if you received it.
              Many thanks
              Valerie

Comment

To any future readers of this post, this error message can mean almost anything and it would be impossible to troubleshoot without further information. Please make sure to follow Drew's instructions to write into our support email so we may assist you individually.

Valdon, I do not see an email in our ticketing system from the email address which you used to register your forum name. Please make sure you're replacing the [AT] and [DOT] with the actual symbols. We write the email address this way in an effort to prevent spam emails.

So, to clarify, make sure to insert a ',' for [DOT] and '@' for [AT] when writing to:

PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

Comment

How this issue was resolved

Valdon,

Below is the instructions that Drew sent me to resolve this issue. I only had to follow the steps regarding the workspace to get things working again.

Regards,
                  gbrad

I see that you're running an older version of NinjaTrader 7 and that this is occurring when a few workspaces are loaded. The newer version contains many critical updates to the database.

I would advise that you upgrade and then test without a workspace. Finally, I recommend you reset the instruments as a troubleshooter.

First, to upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:

First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                  Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                  Enter your license key and press Submit
                  Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
                  Select 'Download'
                  Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
                  Once done, as a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

Shut down NinjaTrader

Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces <--This Here

Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder

After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should start up without any workspaces.

Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled1," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.
                  If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:

Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
                  Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
                  Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
                  Please let me know if you continue to experience the same.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post GLFX005
                  by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                  2 responses