Simple change request for adding orders to DOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple change request for adding orders to DOM

I realize that NT8 is your main product, but a lot of people still use NT7 and this would be a simple change to implement on both platforms. Right now when there is an open buy or sell order on an instrument, and the same price is clicked again on the DOM which would in theory add to the order, nothing happens. So let's say you have 100 shares bid to buy at price "X". If you click price "X" again with a limit buy order, it should add that order to whatever is outstanding at that level, but right now it doesn't and it just rejects the order. The simplest way to do this would be to just ignore whatever is already outstanding at that price, and just add in the second order as though nothing had been already placed there. This is the same thing that already happens when you click buy at bid, or sell at ask, the order is placed even if another outstanding order was already at that level there. Technically this is how the DOM should have always worked in the first place anyways, I don't know why your code rejects a second order if one already exists at the given price. This is a super simple change that shouldn't take long to implement and would be helpful for those of us that use the DOM to trade. You could add the same thing in NT8.

Hello Trader_55,

Thank you for your post.

The order should not be rejected. Can you attach a screenshot of the error and the placement of the order to your response?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to your repsonse.

Comment

To be clear, the order is not "rejected" the normal way it would be for an insufficient margin violation or something, where you get the popup. It just fails silently, where clicking on it does nothing. You can try it yourself in simulation mode, just click the DOM ladder on a price where an order already exists and you will see that nothing happens.

Comment

Hello Trader_55,

Thank you for your response.
        Originally posted by Trader_55 View Post
        To be clear, the order is not "rejected" the normal way it would be for an insufficient margin violation or something, where you get the popup. It just fails silently, where clicking on it does nothing. You can try it yourself in simulation mode, just click the DOM ladder on a price where an order already exists and you will see that nothing happens.
        I see what you mean know. I will forward a request to our development team. The idea though is that clicking at a pre-existing order's price level would allow you to select the pre-existing order (if you left click for example).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
          Hello Trader_55,

Thank you for your response.

I see what you mean know. I will forward a request to our development team. The idea though is that clicking at a pre-existing order's price level would allow you to select the pre-existing order (if you left click for example).

Thanks... I understand the concept that you guys created with this in terms of selecting the order. However, that operation only makes sense if the DOM is being "held" anyways (by pressing the HOLD button on the top left). When prices are moving around quickly, you can't really select an order on a static dom that is changing and bouncing around anyways. So really, in that case the default behavior should be to just add to the order instead. You can also add this as a setting/option depending on how people want to use it. Some of us use special hotkeys to place orders on a DOM, and right now I can't add to orders above or below the market very easily because of this glitch. Please consider changing it going forward... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Trader_55 View Post

Thanks... I understand the concept that you guys created with this in terms of selecting the order. However, that operation only makes sense if the DOM is being "held" anyways (by pressing the HOLD button on the top left). When prices are moving around quickly, you can't really select an order on a static dom that is changing and bouncing around anyways. So really, in that case the default behavior should be to just add to the order instead. You can also add this as a setting/option depending on how people want to use it. Some of us use special hotkeys to place orders on a DOM, and right now I can't add to orders above or below the market very easily because of this glitch. Please consider changing it going forward... thanks!
            And also, obviously the same thing would apply to stop orders as well.

Comment

Hello Trader_55,

Thank you for your patience.

If you click the quantity on the order on the SuperDOM you can add additional orders.

Your feature request is tracked under the internal id SFT-3650 for a single click order submission on the pre-existing orders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              169 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
              Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Irukandji