Save and Load Strategy in Workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save and Load Strategy in Workspace

When I save a workspace, it isn't saving the strategy, so when I open the WS, I have to re-add the strategy and configure the parameters all over again. Is this by design?

Do you know of any method to auto-load the strategies when the WS is opened? My production setup has 30 charts and loading/configuring/enabling all the strategies is a huge time waste every morning. Takes nearly a half-hour.

Hello gdstuart,

(edit)
    NinjaTrader 7 is designed to save a NinjaScript Strategy that has been added to a chart(if the chart is left opened and saved with the workspace) or added to the Strategies tab of the Control Center.

The strategy instances will be saved with any (properly serialized) properties but will not be automatically enabled.

Below is a link to short video demonstrating.

If you follow the exact same steps shown in the video with the SampleMACrossOver, are you experiencing different behavior?

Are you adding the strategy to a chart?
    Is the strategy left added to the chart when NinjaTrader is shutdown?
    Is the chart left open when the workspace is saved and when NinjaTrader is shutdown?
    Is the chart re-opened with the workspace when NinjaTrader is started?
    Are you seeing any errors appear in the Log tab of the Control Center?
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 12-18-2017, 10:11 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem occurs when Market Replay is connected

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello gdstuart,

NinjaTrader 7 is designed to save a workspace that has been added to a chart (if the chart is left opened and saved with the workspace) or added to the Strategies tab of the Control Center.
      Chelsea,

Don't you mean "NinjaTrader 7 is designed to save a CHART that has been added to a WORKSPACE..."?

Are you adding the strategy to a chart? YES
      Is the strategy left added to the chart when NinjaTrader is shutdown? YES
      Is the chart left open when the workspace is saved and when NinjaTrader is shutdown? YES
      Is the chart re-opened with the workspace when NinjaTrader is started? YES
      Are you seeing any errors appear in the Log tab of the Control Center? NO

Your video is helpful but if you repeat all those steps, but then disconnect from Kinetick and connect to Market Replay, all the strategies disappear and have to be reloaded. I only discovered this point yesterday. Evidently this is a long-standing NT7 bug (Issue ID# 274) and my money says it will never be fixed. If you come up with a work-around, please let me know because I do have to switch often from a live connection to MR for testing purposes, so I'll continue to be affected by this.

Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Hello gdstuart,

Thank you for clarifying you are experiencing this behavior when specifically connecting to the Market Replay.

The Market Replay works a little different.

This connection is designed to automatically reset the Replay101 account any time the Market Replay is connected or the GoTo is used.

Anytime an account is reset, all strategies associated with that account (the Replay101 account in this case) are removed as all orders for these all and all history are removed with it.

Basically anytime you connect the Market Replay, this starts as a completely clean account.

This is no longer the case in NinjaTrader 8.
        In NinjaTrader 8, resetting an account no longer causes the strategies to be removed.

This is the expected behavior of NinjaTrader 7.
        The new behavior of not removing strategies after resetting an account was implemented as an enhanced feature by popular user feature request for NinjaTrader 8.

Unfortunately, feature requests are only implemented in the newest major versions of NinjaTrader and feature requests for NinjaTrader 7 are no longer implemented.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TraderBCL  
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes