Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum Connection doesn't work

Hi!

I just applied for demo access to market data and received my login credentials.
    When connected to Continuum Demo, I can open a chart and it shows most recent price data. But it doesn't refresh, it seems there are no ticks incoming.

At the "Orders" tab in Control Center, all price values show "N/A". In SuperDOM, there also is nothing when Instrument is set.
    I still am able to run Backtests in Strategy Analyzer, NT also receives all historical data. Only live ticks don't seem to work.

I used demo login credentials some months ago to create and test a trading system and it worked. Did you change anything or is it not possible any more to run "realtime" tests of strategies using the Continuum Demo connection?

Additional technical info:
    Symbol used: FDAX 12-18
    NT7 version: 64bit 7-0-1000-39
    Suspicious Log entry: CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolve: DDZ18 is not enabled for real-time quotes and trading.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. This is due to a change with the demos — as of 8.17.18, demos are not enabled with EUREX, ASX, or ICE real-time data.
    Our apologies for any inconvenience. Unfortunately there is not another demo available that would offer Eurex data, a subscription via a data provider will be needed. The below link will show all the NinjaTrader-supported data feeds and the market they support.

See "Understanding the Data Supplied by your Connectivity Provider"

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Eric!

Thanks for your reply. Then I have to perform all tests on different symbols. Not a big problem, only wanted to know if I did something wrong or if there is some limitation in the data feed.

Comment

I have also problem with continuum connection, it is not allowing to connect even. Error message : " CQG: Network connection to the Order Routing system is unavailable(Login Failed).

why am i not able to login ?

Thanks

Comment

Hello trader9,

Thank you for your post. This error usually indicates a temporary latency on the connection, resulting in the error.

The first thing I would recommend doing is shutting down NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exceptions list.

If you still see the same, please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
          We look forward to assisting further.
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses