Connected on yellow status since Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connected on yellow status since Yesterday

I don't really know what's happening. As you know yellow status means that some price or order server has a failed connection. I've reset both software and nothing. Delete and reinstall NT7 and still with the error. I've checked IB data status and all is green but one, a secondary server known as "secdefnj -- AuxService", it shows disconnected. I don't know if this was always like this or it's the cause of the issue. Anyone with the same problem?

So, what else can I try to solve it?

Thanks

SOLVED: The culprit was a windows server update from the weekend. Now it's working just fine

Comment

I've noticed that when the IB's auxiliar server, called SECDEFNJ is down, Ninjatrader7 reads this condition as a failed connection, whether price or order server, so it changes the status connection to yellow, which allows reading price data but prevent NT7 to perform any simulation or live trading. I've attached a TWS screenshot happening once again this early morning. When this issue happened last week, I thought that was a windows update in my VPS, so after uninstalling it all was ok again. But today, without having done anything in the VPS, I woke up with the problem once again. Despite I reset TWS , the problem continued, so I decided to change to IB-gateway connection and it was all just fine. TWS and IBgateway core logic is almost the same, the difference might be in connection parameters.

Talking to IB and even a professional at Speedingtrading, they keeps saying that server might go green again on request if I had to do an instrument search and definitively it should not affect trading ability, but it does in reality.

So, could you check this and tell me if I can set some configuration in order to avoid it ?
      Thanks

Attached Files

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for the post.

There is no setting within the Interactive Brokers TWS connection adapter that will ignore the Aux services connection. I'm afraid this error is out of the scope of support that I could provide. I have little knowledge of how TWS handles it's data server connections. It seems like the error is coming from either the network configuration of your VPS or some configuration on your windows server.

If my assistance with the Ninjatrader=>TWS connection is required please let me know.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes