• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eDanny
    replied
    Originally posted by tradr View Post
    "why are no Dates appearing on any futures contract price bar"
    the above means, no Dates are appearing on ANY time period price bar selected and
    no Date appears in the Data Box

don't ask me any more repetitive questions

don't bother responding again until you've an answer to my question
    You, sir, are very rude. I understand being exasperated but the questions asked are for needed information or clarification. I deal with this all the time when potential clients ask if I can code something with no details. Sometimes getting the details is like pulling teeth. When there are issues with code it usually requires the issue to be reproducible. Your vague, non-specific posts do not produce the required information, so questions must be asked. If not answered, asked again (repetitive).

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    There is something unique to your NinjaTrader setup which we need to identify to resolve this issue. We've been unsuccessful in doing so here on the forums. Please send us an email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Make sure to include a link to this forum post and also '2040983 ATTN PatrickG'. I am confident we can find a resolution if we get more information about your NinjaTrader.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 12-27-2018, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tradr
    replied
    the above means, no Dates are appearing on ANY time period price bar selected and
    no Date appears in the Data Box

don't ask me any more repetitive questions

don't bother responding again until you've an answer to my question

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    I understand that the databox should be displaying the date. You're experiencing a symptom which is unique to you (I can't reproduce the issue on my end and no other users are currently reporting it) so we're trying to determine why that is the case and how to resolve it. To resolve it, I need more information.

What interval is the chart in your screenshot? For example, 5 minute, 4 Range, 150 tick, etc.

Does this same issue occur in a new 5 minute chart window? Does this same date display issue occur in the bigger data box? To enable the bigger data box, you can use the hotkey 'CTRL+D' or click on the 'Data box' icon on the chart's toolbar.

Leave a comment:

• tradr
    replied
    I'm getting tired of this game PatrickG

FYI

Click image for larger version

Name:	where's the date 2.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1043785

WHERE'S THE DATE ?????

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    What you're referring to in your screenshot is called the 'mini data box'. This can be enabled by hovering over a bar in your chart and using the middle-mouse button/scroll wheel. This was not clear to me with your previous description of the mini data box which is why I wanted you to provide a screenshot. Thanks for the screenshot.

The screenshot is a little blurry, but it seems like only the day and month are displayed, but not any other information, is that accurate? What interval is this chart? For example, 5 minute, 4 Range, 150 tick, etc. Does this same issue occur in a new 5 minute chart window?

Does this same date display issue occur in the bigger data box? To enable the bigger data box, you can use the hotkey 'CTRL+D' or click on the 'Data box' icon on the chart's toolbar.

Leave a comment:

• tradr
    replied
    are you telling me you don't know what this is ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_52083.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1043772
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    I apologize for any perceived lack of response or ignorance. We make sure we don't assume anything when we respond. I could have assumed or guessed what you may be referred to here, but it is much more accurate and efficient to clarify.

On the previous thread, your reply sounded like a 'solution' to me - you closed the charts experiencing the issue and new charts did not experience the issue. If that isn't the case, could you reply about what is still occurring with your 'loading' charts on that thread?

I am not exactly sure what you mean when you say "instruments have Dates listed when a Price Bar is selected" and "Price Bars have Times listed when a Price Bar is selected". In general, a chart window should look like this. There are time stamps across the bottom of the chart, and the future's expiry is listed to the right of the instrument. Which part of your chart isn't like mine, or doesn't match what you would expect? Please elaborate.

A screenshot would mostly likely clear up what you're experiencing.

Leave a comment:

• tradr
    replied
    on a previous thread I posted that you asked for more information and
    you didn't reply after the info was posted
    Hi. when my Workspace loaded there were 4 blank 'loading' charts behind the charts and Basic Entry that I'd closed and Saved yesterday, I deleted one of the blank

what gets me is you're playing ignorant about whether or not instruments have
    Dates listed when a Price Bar is selected

are you aware that Price Bars have Times listed when a Price Bar is selected ?

what didn't you understand about "on any futures contract" ?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    I am not quite sure that I understand what you're referring to. Please answer the questions below to help me resolve what you're reporting:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
    • What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 03-19, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • Can you provide a screenshot of what you're referring to?
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Leave a comment:

• tradr
    started a topic where are the Dates ?

where are the Dates ?

why are no Dates appearing on any futures contract price bar when selected ?

NT7 AMP/CQG

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post DanielSanMartin