• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trying to connect to Free End Of Day Forex Data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to connect to Free End Of Day Forex Data

Longtime ninjatrader 7 user, current ninja brokerage client, I would like to try some of my futures charts and strategies out on forex, but before I sign up for additional data fees, I would like to just get the free end of day data just to check it out, but when I disconnect from all other connections, then connect to the free end of day connection, only futures instruments load - no forex, am I doing something wrong?

Hello cdkmbjones,

Thank you for your note.

What instrument have you selected? For example EURUSD, etc.

(For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to your reply.
    Chris Sch.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I Chose USD/JPY and a 3 renko , no errors, nothing, there are words at the bottom of the empty chart saying - no market depth available

Comment

The Kinetick end-of-day (free) connection only provides historical daily data. In other words, only a daily interval chart would load data when using this connection, and it would not update in real-time. I would not expect a renko chart to load any data since that is not a daily interval. I also suspect that the reason futures 'work' is because you previously had intraday data downloaded into NinjaTrader from your other connection.

Below I have provided a link to our site where you can request a free demo for real-time intraday forex data.

http://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData
        Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok so then there is no way to use that data on the replay since replay data is recorded live data. I will try changing my timeframe to daily

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by pureblast2, Today, 10:44 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post pureblast2  
          Started by ntbone, 07-13-2019, 11:37 PM
          10 responses
          0 likes