Ninjatrader 7 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 7 not working

hello, NT7 is no working , is it possible to obtain another? thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. While a new download may not resolve all issue, you may redownload via the link below with your license key (Help > License key).

If you still see the same issue, please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with a brief discription of what is happening.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

its for demo testing of NT7 files, i should think it does not require License key

Last edited by Emma1; 12-31-2018, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Hello EricB, please , is it possible to help with file testing for NT7 here?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please clarify what you mean by file testing? For example, are you looking for assistance with how to place trades with NinjaTrader? Regarding NinjaTrader not working, what is happening?

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 03-19, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.

(For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

We look forward to assisting further.
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i needed to run a file -Volume Breakout Indicator to observe it as displayed on a chart NT7.
            Last edited by Emma1; 12-31-2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Also, in your original message you mention that "NT7 is no working". What does this mean exactly?

We'll need more information about the file you're referring to. Is the 'Volume Breakout Indicator' currently in .zip file format? If not, what format do you have? Could you attach it for my review?

Comment

No error on screen and no error message but does not work. NT7 version 0.1000.38. The Volume Breakout Indicator .zip, i have up loaded.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Emma1; 12-31-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I see that you're running an older version of NinjaTrader 7. The newer version contains many critical updates to the database. Please update NinjaTrader 7 and reset your instruments:

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
                  • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                  • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                  • Enter your license key and press Submit
                  • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
                  • Select 'Download'
                  • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
                  • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
                  • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
                  • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
                  I am able to successfully import and use the indicator you've attached in my NinjaTrader 7. After updating/resetting instruments, could you go into more detail about what symptoms you're still experiencing?

Comment

Please, i was wondering if i may have an image of the output on charge as a png as i may trying to convert it to NT8. Thank you.

Comment

You looking for advice on how to code this add-on for NinjaTrader 8? If so, please post a new thread (with the zip file) over on the NinjaScript sub-forum so that a NinjaScript Technician may assist you.

Comment

this indicator is no good the name says volumes break out but the break out condition will never happen, here is why ;
                        it take a fixed average of 6 period of volume and multiply it with 1.6 so the average is always higher than volume so there will never be a break out condition
                        Values[0].Set(SMA(Volume, 6)[0] * 1.618);

Note:there is break out if I use period of 30, so this value should be entered not fixed.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by nkhoi; 12-31-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Please contact the developer of this indicator if you'd like for there to be a change or adjustment. If you'd like to learn how to program/edit this NinjaScript yourself, please post on the NinjaScript sub-forum so that a NinjaScript Technician may assist you.

Comment

Thank you for checking.

Comment

Thank you nkhoi.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post love2code2trade