I cannot connect to ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot connect to ninjatrader

I cannot connect to ninjatrader and received this message... Login failed. Network connection to the Order Routing System is unavailable. I noticed there is a message for a required upgrade and reset of instruments however when I attempted to upgrade my license key is not being accepted. Help!
    Last edited by debbieg100; 12-31-2018, 07:12 AM.

This error most commonly occurs when you're using an older and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 7.

I believe you've also contacted our support team via email, and I've just followed up to that email ticket. Please keep communication to one method only (either forum or email, but preferably email) so that there is no confusion or delay when assisting you.

You can try using the simulation key to update:

@SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

This error most commonly occurs when NinjaTrader is unable to communicate with the servers due to it being blocked by another program, or there is an issue in the path between your computer and the appropriate servers. Please check for software such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software that could be blocking NinjaTrader. In some cases the modem/router has built-in software that prevents the connection to be established.

To resolve this, I recommend the following steps (test for the issue after each step):
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Clear your DNS
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 01-07-2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Thank you so very much for all your help! Very appreciated! Have a very Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kempotrader  
      Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kempotrader