• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using Visual Studio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Visual Studio

Hello,
    I'm attempting to link Visual Studio to my NT code. I've followed the instructions and set a break point. When I reloaded the NT chart the break point showed some variables but the chart never loaded. After about 5 mins it's still not loaded. Seems to be in a loop. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks
    NT was indeed in a loop. Once I detached the process in VS everything in NT began working again. Any ideas what is wrong?
    Last edited by CaptainAmericaXX; 01-01-2019, 10:18 PM.

Hello CaptainAmericaXX,

Thank you for the post.

This will depend on where your breakpoint is. NinjaTrader will halt if your breakpoint is hit. Can you pull up a chart prior to attaching to the process, then attach to process, then run your NinjaScript on that chart? If your breakpoint were on the beginning of OnBarUpdate, then NinjaTrader should halt, with your indicator stuck on "Calculating", meaning it hit the breakpoint at the leftmost bar of the chart. You can step through once the process is attached with the "step over" key at the top of Visual Studio, or with the "F10" key.

Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jjnc2006, Today, 07:36 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jjnc2006  
    Started by futurenick, Today, 06:26 AM
    1 response
    0 likes