Incomplete Performance analysis after upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incomplete Performance analysis after upgrading

For some days I used default broker licensed Ninjatrader that I got from my new broker (Proactive futures). That version didn't handle ATMs, so soon I bought the full license from ninjatrader.com.

Now, I have ATMs enabled, but some of the trades that were made with the previous license are missing from the current account performance analysis.

I guess - but not sure - these are the trades, that doesn't have an entry AND exit name. (Probably because of the limited license). The ones that have either entry OR exit name show up well. (I used my backups to figure this out, but I couldn't find anything sure about when the trades have entry/exit names and when not). Anyways, my performance is unusable this way.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Please repair your database by going to Tools--> Options--> Misc--> Repair DB and then generate another report, and make sure the date range includes the old trade as well.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
      Please repair your database by going to Tools--> Options--> Misc--> Repair DB and then generate another report, and make sure the date range includes the old trade as well.
      Thanks, but this was the first thing I tried...
      After analyzing the different databases, I figured, that the trades before the new license BUT except the first day are missing.

I don't know if the instrument list reset because of ER2 becoming TF has anything to do with it.

Edit: One more clue: I deleted ER2 from the instrument list (accidentaly) before reseting the list. Could this cause deletion ffrom the historical trades as well?
      If yes, is there a way to merge historical trades?
      Last edited by Zapzap; 09-17-2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapzap View Post
        I deleted ER2 from the instrument list (accidentaly) before reseting the list.
        Oh, yes, this is the cause...
        By deleting something from the instrument list deletes all references from the database.

Is there a remedy here? Only that instrument trades are missing (~98%) and I got the trades in a different backup: can those be merged somehow?

Comment

Hello,

You can try using the restore utility which will restore your entire backup.

Backup:
          http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/CreatingABackupArchive.html
          Restore:
          http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/RestoringABackupArchive.html
          Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have one period in one backup (09. 01 - 09. 08), and 98% of the trades from that period are missing from the current DB because of an accidentally deleted instrument. The trades later than 09. 08. can only be found in the current DB though.

Can that older backup be "merged back" to current DB? Or only full backups can be restored?
            Last edited by Zapzap; 09-17-2008, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Zapzap, unfortunately only full backups can be restored. Restoring backups completely replaces whatever you have currently in your database so there is no merging facility.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                Zapzap, unfortunately only full backups can be restored. Restoring backups completely replaces whatever you have currently in your database so there is no merging facility.
                Ok, I understand this.

I would advise then to make it a bit more clear in the instrument manager that by deleting an instrument (pressing obvious delete instead of right arrow) you actually delete every references of that instrument from DB permanently. This is only one extra form.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion. I will forward it to development.

Comment

I added the missing trades manually through the executions tab. So I merged the two backups manually. Everything seemed fine, until I restarted the platform, when I got an error:

Failed to read executions log file [The requested changes in the table were not properly executed because they would create duplicated values in the index, main key or relation. Change the data in the field/s that contain the duplicated data, remove the index or redefine the index to allow duplicated entries and try again].

It is a live account. What cause the interference? I can restore previous backup and add the trades again if needed, if I knew what to do some other way.

Comment

From the sounds of the error you probably inputted duplicate entries.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                        From the sounds of the error you probably inputted duplicate entries.
                        The default for Order ID is "manually added" I left it as is, so every trade has this Order ID. The ID (only ID) column is different for every trades though.
                        Can it be the problem?

Thx in advance

Comment

I don't think that should be the problem. I can add with the same names just fine on my end. I guess just try adding them in slowly and closing/reopening every once in awhile till you find the problematic entry.
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshP; 09-18-2008, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Okay, thanks. I try to add them again tomorrow (there is not many) and probably restart after every two to see where is the problem....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post bltdavid  
                            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                            14 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post martin70