Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG Connection Error

Hi Folks and Happy 2018

I had a Login Failed Unspecified Error Contact Support error when trying to log into my CQG account today.

- It was working fine yesterday, until I had an unexpected system shutdown by Windows's wonderful we'll do a system update whether you like it or not feature.

- I can connect readily on market replay.
    - I can connect to CQG from my desktop computer (different computer)

- it crashes when I try to connect on my trading computer with the unspecified error message

- On checking trace, I found the following

ERROR [2018-01-04 06:06:36,365] - Unable to read 'C:\Users\t0002\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\NetsCo nfiguration.ini' file because Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\t0002\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\NetsCo nfiguration.ini'.
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\t0002\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\NetsCo nfiguration.ini'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at CQG.Trader.DataAccess.Utility.IniFileParser.Read(F unc`3 singleLineParseCallback)

- the ..AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\NetsConfiguration.in i' file because Could not find a part of the path.. does not exist on my desktop, the one that I can successfully connect on

- on checking the forum, the last post with a similar problem had Brandon from NT support having to check things out at your end

- can you please advise?

Thanks
    Ed

Hello cnecorp,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. We have seen reports of this occurring on older installations of NinjaTrader. Please upgrade to the current version and reset the instrument database using the steps below.

Note: this will note remove any settings, workspaces or data.

First, go to Help > License key and copy your key and save it in as safe location, such as your desktop.

Next, please close NinjaTrader and download the current version from the link below.
    http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:

* Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
    * Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
    * Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

Please let me know if you continue to experience the same.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same error here.

The problem is...I can not go to "Options" because NT closes after I cancel this error.

Edit: I can open NT with the 32bit version. Error happens with 64 bit version. How I can solve this?
      Last edited by Kaldo; 01-04-2018, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks Eric, Let me try that and report back

Comment

Hi Eric

There appears to be a problem with the NT download site.

- I click download from within my NT and it takes me to the download site
          - I enter my license key and it takes me to the download for free page (as if i clicked on i do not have a download link)
          - I scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Existing User download link
          - I enter my license key and it takes me to the free download page

Any ideas?

Comment

I managed to get to the site from my desktop, download and copy the setup file over but it would be nice to know why I can get it from one PC and not another

Comment

That did not work, it won't download if copied from another PC. I am back to the same issue of not being able to download on my trading PC

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Glad to hear you were able to install, sorry for the trouble with the webpage. Testing on my end, all links appear to be working OK. To test, I suggest clearing the browser cache and verifying all updates are in place.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Eric that did not work, the setup file will not download when copied over

Comment

Originally posted by cnecorp View Post
                    Hi Eric

There appears to be a problem with the NT download site.

- I click download from within my NT and it takes me to the download site
                    - I enter my license key and it takes me to the download for free page (as if i clicked on i do not have a download link)
                    - I scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Existing User download link
                    - I enter my license key and it takes me to the free download page

Any ideas?
                    Which browser do you use?

I can download the latest version using Firefox.

Comment

Crappy IE, I will download FF and Chrome

Comment

If you are still unable to download, please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                        * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                        * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                        * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Eric

I started to have the same issue with my desktop. I downloaded and installed ninja per your instruction.
                          Went to tools click options and nothing happens. Options window is not coming up.

I have restarted the desktop just to be sure and still no options window. I cannot reset instruments.
                          I cannot connect.

I now have no way of trading.

Please help

Comment

This indicates that, when NinjaTrader was upgraded, it may have still been open. To resolve this, you will need to unisntall and resinstall NinjaTrader.
                            - Close all running applications.
                            - Make sure NinjaTrader is closed from the Windows Task Manager:
                            - Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard > Start Task Manager...
                            - Select the Processes tab
                            - Locate and highlight "NinjaTrader.exe" > Click "End Process"
                            - Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
                            - From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                            - Navigate to the following folders and delete any "NinjaTrader 7" folders located here:
                            C:\Program Files (x86)\
                            or
                            C:\Program Files\

Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader again.

If you still see the same behavior, please contact us at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com

Comment

Thanks for your help Eric. I was quite certain that I did not have NInja running on the first install but the uninstall and reinstall worked.

For the sake of others hitting the same issues here is a breadcrumb of what happened

- CQG connection error was fixed per Eric's original instruction
                              - For those hitting the issue where the options box would not come up, uninstall and reinstall fixed the problem
                              - For those having download issues, my specific issue was Window's IE Enhanced Security Configuration put in place to prevent you from downloading competitor (ahem .. protect your server) Once you turn that off you need to reboot the machine or at least log in and out and everything works fine

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred