Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 / NT8 folder with connections

Hello,

I´am preparing a second computer and want to know what folder is holding all the passwords and connection so I can just copy them from one computer to the other.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This information is part of your config.xml file located in the Documents/Ninjatrader 7 or 8 folder.

If you are moving your platform to another PC you may want to use the back and restore function to take an exact copy of your platform from your old PC to copy it over to your new PC.

The following instructions will explain how to backup your NinjaTrader files to a second computer.

Please note that the following list is the items you can choose to include or exclude from your backup (Configuration files, Database, Historical Chart Data, Log and Trace files, Market Replay Data, NinjaScript Files, Templates, Workspaces). Many users exclude the historical chart data, log and trace files, and Market Replay data to reduce the file size.

NinjaTrader 7:

Open NinjaTrader 7 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
    Go to File > Utilities > Backup...
    Select which items you would like to backup and click 'Run Backup'
    Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found in the Documents\NinjaTrader Backup folder on your PC.
    Open NinjaTrader 7 on the computer you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.

Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find).
    Go to File > Utilities > Restore...
    Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it
    I have also attached the Help Guide section and YouTube tutorial regarding backup and restore below:

Help Guide - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...p__restore.htm

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCp9ebpV1M

NinjaTrader 8:

Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
    Go to Tools > Export > Backup File
    Select which items you would like to backup and click 'Run Backup'
    Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 Backup folder on your PC.
    Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.

Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find).
    Go to Tools > Import > Backup File...
    Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it
    I have also attached the Help Guide section regarding backup and restore below:

Help Guide - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ightsub=backup

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
    31 responses
    1 like