ChartTrader StopLimit Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChartTrader StopLimit Order

I have not used Charttrader often, but a couple of times have ended up short when I wanted to go long - I thought it must be an error on my part, but I now realise it is the way NT handles the price moving past the Stop entry price while I am entering the order.
    This occurs when the price is close to where I want my StopLimit order placed. If going long, I right click on the chart at my intended entry, select "BuyStop 1@ xxx", then enter the limit offset, then click the tick box. During this time the market has risen above my price, and NT submits a SELL StopLimit order instead of a BUY. I realise that the StopLimit order I am trying to place will be rejected by the exchange, but I definitely do not want to go short when trying to enter long.
    If the same were to happen on the Dom, then I get a popup window telling me a BuyStop order cannot be placed below the market.

This aspect of ChartTrader makes it unusable for me for stop order entry, and I can't imagine a situation where it would be desirable. Unless there is a compelling reason for it to be like that, I request it be changed to give a popup window as per the Dom.

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for taking time to provide us feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jason. I do hope it has a high priority. While in the state of 'future consideration' I actually have an alternative to suggest – when the situation I described previously occurs, change the order from a Buy StopLimit to a Buy Limit at the Limit price I have defined. That is actually what I would have been trying to achieve anyway if only I had been able to press the buttons faster.

Comment

I have forwarded your request to Development to have the stop limit order change to a limit order in the situation described.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post CactusMan  
        Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes