Aborting a request that "cannot be aborted"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aborting a request that "cannot be aborted"

This happens frequently to my typical zen-fire setup so I generally avoid doing it but: changing an instrument in the chart window from say FESX to ES pops up the "this request cannot be aborted" but after say an hour and the message is still up is there a "graceful" way to exit without closing my chart or program? what causes this?
    <edit> one more thing: disconnecting and reconnecting the data feed turns all my charts blank and NT cpu usage goes to 98% and stays there until I restart the program- But even worse- once this happens once restarting the program just brings up the same blank charts and I have to restart the computer. Then I need to recreate my workspace from scratch because the charts will never reload.
    Thanks,
    Taters
    Last edited by Taters; 09-18-2008, 09:04 AM.

When NinjaTrader loads data is outlined here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My biggest gripe w NT

I have been using NT for over a year and most of my problems seem (I'm not a programmer) to relate to the cache becoming corrupted somehow (as outlined in your link). It can take me days to get NT functioning again after the seemingly innocuous problem occurs even with reloading my databases and all the usual things to fix the problem. In NT 7 hopefully there can be a persistent cache not controlled by .NET. Why wont it just load my bars back right away if I have all the record data options enabled?

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. I will forward it to development. NT7 will come with many optimizations.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

please help

This all started when I followed the instructions to add the TF instrument as outlined on the link w 6.5.xxx6.
          my problem now is nt will start and bring up my workspace. When I connect to my brokers feed the charts go blank and stay blank until I quit or a "sorry NT has encountered a problem and needs to close' message comes on. While they are blank no data seems to be loading but the bid ask on chart trader is active. When I restart, my workspace comes up showing all the candles that should have been displaying while the chart was blank, but when i reconnect the process starts again.( blank charts, crash) Creating a new workspace w fresh charts has helped in the past but now it does not. I have reinstalled the program too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rabbithole.gif
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	849367

Comment

Hello Taters,

It sounds like you might have a corrupted workspace, Please close the application and go to My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Workspaces--> Default.XML. Right click on the Default.XML and delete it.

Please let me know if this helps.
            MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

@Tatars: What are you hardware specs (CPU, RAM)?

Comment

cpu specs

AMD single core 2gigs of ram. I think the problem lies elsewhere unless the jump from 6.5.5->6.5.6 is a huge one for the processor.
                I followed the advice ion the thread but it did not help. I reinstalled NT (twice) and deleted all my workspaces. Fresh NT latest update, brand new default workspace, compacted database, reset instruments etc etc. I can now make a "default" workspace only ( saving as, and going to that workspace crashes nt). The default workspace runs pretty snappy but if i try to switch instruments on a chart the program crashes. Actually to clarify, it crashes while connected to my data feed. reopening the program while not connected allows me to quickly switch no problem.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Taters; 09-22-2008, 08:18 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

from my trace

this is the last entry in my trace file for this occurance of switching from TF to NQ:

2008-09-22 10:48:27:062 (Amp Live) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='NQ 12-08' from='2008-06-14' to='2008-09-22' sessionBegin='00:00:00' sessionEnd='00:00:00' excludeWeekend=False period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0
                  2008-09-22 10:48:28:843 (Amp Live) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='NQ 12-08' from='2008-06-14' to='2008-09-22' sessionBegin='00:00:00' sessionEnd='00:00:00' excludeWeekend=False period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0

and the app crashes on reconnecting
                  Last edited by Taters; 09-22-2008, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Please post the workspace you are using and I will test it on my PC.
                    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

workspace for Ben

I reinstalled all my .NET files hoping another thread here held a clue but no dice.
                      I think it is some way related to contract rollover because the last time I has such hellacious issues was changing from a June to September contract. I seem to remember having to manually set the start date of format-data backfill to be extremely short ( so as to not fill from before the contract started ) and manually editing the xml files to start from a specific time but that is not helping now.
                      Default.zip
                      Thanks Ben

Comment

Hello,

Please retest your workspace without any 3rd party indicators?

If the issue persists please repost the workspace so that:
                        - all charts are on your main monitor
                        - no custom indicators are included
                        - no charts are minimized in your task bar.

Also, try connecting to your data feed then open the workspace: File>workspace>Open. To do this you will need to save the workspace: File>workpsace>save as.

Comment

getting worse and worse

Hello,

Please retest your workspace without any 3rd party indicators?

If the issue persists please repost the workspace so that:
                          - all charts are on your main monitor
                          -my monitor is 2500x1650 resolution so they are all on one monitor.
                          - no custom indicators are included
                          -ok I'll try but they all worked before the TF rollover
                          - no charts are minimized in your task bar.
                          -there were no charts minimized to the taskbar

Also, try connecting to your data feed then open the workspace: File>workspace>Open. To do this you will need to save the workspace: File>workpsace>save as.
                          I tried this as well but had the same issues.

I uninstalled latest version, and reinstalled 6.xxx5.
                          I got it going for 5 minutes max but now even connecting with no charts causes a crash on startup. I have tried everything for 3 days and am no closer to a solution. there seems to be nothing pertinent in the trace file.

Comment

Hello,

Please reproduce the issue and immediately afterward send your log, trace and workspace (without custom indicators) files in using Help>Mail to Support and reference this link in the body of the email:

Comment

Same thing

Just tried to connect to Gain feed (NT servers, free one) and got the same problem as described above. My charts go blank and the window saying that data is loading and the process cannot be aborted (or something like that) doesnt go away. Its the first time it happens to me. Just 2 hours ago everything was working perfectly. I haven't changed anything in my settings or templates or indicators.

Strange

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes