Aborting a request that "cannot be aborted"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello DrDeath,

Did you try deleting the workspace: Documents>NinjaTrader 6.5>workspaces?
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      Hello DrDeath,

Did you try deleting the workspace: Documents>NinjaTrader 6.5>workspaces?
      That worked! Thank you!

Comment

At my wits end

I have painstakingly built my NT back up after removing all custom assemblies/ indicators and performing a clean install of the latest nt. Ninja is running a lot quicker and is taking up less cpu horsepower. BUT If I set up my charts and workspace (I just have one) I still have the original problem of this thread which is: when I switch instruments on a chart ninja crashes hard and corrupts something and will crash on data connect thereafter. I have been working steadily on solving this problem for almost two weeks and now- unless I run only one chart with no indicators- Ninja will crash with nothing unusual written to the trace file as it has been since I originally upgraded to 6.5.6. What is going on? I have just about had it with this program. I have never used any program in my life that has had so many issues. I want to stay with it because I've invested a year in the program and its a good price point ( I hesitate to say "value") but it is becoming untenable to continue to subscribe. I appreciate the assistance so far but please lets resolve this.

Comment

Hello Taters,

Could you please send me your workspace at support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com that crashes upon switching instruments. Please put "Attn Jason" in the subject header. You can find your workspace at My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->workspaces.

Please send me your log and trace file as well and provide me an estimate time when you switched instruments in the chart and it crashed. You can find your log and trace files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20080930 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20080930 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please tell me if there were any 3rd part indicators applied to the chart, when you switched instruments in this chart. If so, please tell me which ones.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

.NET Runtime Errors

I am having the same issues as from a month ago. I was told that no one from the development team knows what these errors mean but I find that hard to believe. NT is written as a .NET app! I have isolated these error messages as a clue to my problem, and yes, I have reinstalled .NET 2.0 about sixty times already. I am throwing this screenshot out there in case someone has a clue what they might mean, and what may be done to correct the issue.
            They are .NET Runtime error ID# 1000, and the precursor error ID# 5000.
            It seems they have something to do with .ASP NET but this is beyond my area of expertise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	101708 runtimeerrors.gif
Views:	1
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	849472

errordump1.txt
            Last edited by Taters; 10-17-2008, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Taters,

Apparently you are experiencing something specific on your machine. Since nothing has helped so far - and I suppose you don't have 3rd party add-on to NT installed (if you do, please uninstall and try again) - the only options left are:
              - trying on a different machine
              - reinstalling/restoring your machine to see if that made any difference

Also: entries in the windows event viewer indicate that there is something seriously wrong out of the scope of what we at NT can control, since NT is coded in .NET. Thus it's code would not cause such behavior -> again an indication that there is something wrong with the machine setup

Sorry for not having better news

Comment

Still happening after reformatting, reinstalling windows on a fresh hard drive.

I "bit the bullet" and reformatted my computer hoping that might resolve my Ninja issues. Now, even on a fresh install with the bare minimum of what it takes for my computer to run i have the exact same issues, even with 6.5.7.
                Really too bad.I guess we can consider this thread dead since no one at Ninja is able to help me.

Comment

If you still experience the error events in the windows events viewer (as per your screenshot below) then, yes - there is nothing more I could suggest at that time.

Sorry for not having any better news for you...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post wzgy0920  
                  Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post wzgy0920