Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sim101 Account Balace

Hello,

When I set initial balance on Sim Account, it is correctly being updated during the week by my trades, but after I bounce Ninja, it goes back to what was specified in initial value. Is there any way to preserve the current account balance value after Ninja restart?

Thanks,
    redduke

Hello,

In order to assist you, I will need some additional information.
    What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
    I see that you have requested this post on Strategy Development, are you using an Automatic Trading Strategy or is it just manual trading?
    Lastly, when you say "bounce Ninja" what exactly are you referring to?
    Monica T.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Monica,

I use Ninja 7 the latest version 7.....40 I coded my own strategies. Bounce meant fully close Ninja and then restart. I usually do it over the weekend. Just need the ability to preserve Sim101 account balance.

Thanks,
      reddue

Comment

Hello,
        Just to clarify, you are asking about the Sim cash value? or the Realized Pnl? The Realized PnL will change daily, however, if you are asking about the cash value whichever value you set, should stay preserved even after you restart the Platform. Just to double check on how you are setting that Cash Value, please provide the steps you are talking to set the value.
        I have tested it on my end, I went to Control Center > Tools > Options > Simulator. Set the Cash Value for example to 25,000 and select reset. After the reset, I press Ok. Then I started NinjaTrader 7 and under the Accounts tab, the cash value was indeed still 25,000.

Comment

Monica,

Yes, I am asking about Sim101 Cash Value. When I set Cash Initially all good (let's say $25,000). As system takes Sim trades my account goes up/down,and let's say at the end of the week it is $28,000. Now if I just shut down ninja and restart, the account balance goes back to $25,000, but I need it to be $28,000.

I am aware about Reset option, but the issue is that if I use it on Sim101, it wipes out all strategies that I am running under Sim101. I have multiple strategies running, and putting them all, back on the charts, is very cumbersome process.

I am looking for a way to preserve the balance without Reset option.

Thanks,
          redduke

Comment

Hello,

Can you send a video of the issue you are having? The cash value should stay the same as the value that you had at the end of your session. If you are unable to send us a video of the issue, please email our support email with a number and a good time frame we can do the support call so we can further look at the matter.
            Also, indeed the reset option does reset the strategies you are running, however, that is the only way to be able to set a cash value in NinjaTrader 7 Platform. NinjaTrader 7 unfortunately does not have the feature enhancement as NinjaTrader 8. In NinjaTrader 8, if you reset the cash value, your strategies will not be removed.

I am looking forward to your response.

Comment

Monica,

Before I create the video, you said "The cash value should stay the same as the value that you had at the end of your session"

What do you mean by end of session? Like I said, all works perfect across days or weeks until Ninja is shut down. Once it is back up, account balance goes back to initial value.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

What I mean by the cash value will stay the same at the end of the session is for example, If you start with a cash value of 25,000 when you start up your Platform, at the end of the day, you made 88,000, well whether you shut down the Platform, or leave for the day and come back, that 88,000 will still be your cash value.
                Now since you are saying it works fine across days or weeks, I am indicating that you leave the Platform running am I correct. With that being said, the cash value should not be resetting unless you manually reset it.

May you please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred. There may be something causing the Cash value to reset on its own.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensure to check off 'Database file' and ' Log and trace files'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2061985 ATTN Monica

Thanks

Comment

Hi Monica,

Thank you for your help. You were absolutely correct. Cash value does stay put after restart. I confused Sim with Reply accounts.

All the best!!

Regards,
                  redduke

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                  Started by usazencortex, Today, 12:43 AM