Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not plotting instruments

Hi guys,
    I am able to run the NT7- latest version and I connect to Kinetic EOD but when I open a graph it does not show anything...

Then I went into "Tools" and selected the options of Reset Instruments and also Reset DB. When I click I got an error:

"Failed to compact DB. Old database is preserved at 'C:\Users\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.Old.sdf'. You need to restore manually. Error: A duplicate value cannot be inserted into a unique index. [ Table name = nt_account,Constraint name = nt_account_ui ]: A duplicate value cannot be inserted into a unique index. [ Table name = nt_account,Constraint name = nt_account_ui ]"

Not sure I that would have solved the problem of not plotting but either worked.

Any ideas please?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hello bowling,

Thank you for your post.

Though this sounds like most likely a corrupt upgrade, we'll need more information about your specific installation of NinjaTrader to find out why you're experiencing these symptoms. Please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Make sure to include a few things in this email:
    • A link to this forum thread
    • 2063244 ATTN Kate
    Also, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to Documents > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to your email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this for you.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello bowling,

Just wanted to update this thread with the results of our support call in case it may help another user in the future.

On our call we took a look at your installation, tried a repair which caused the platform not to start at all, and then did a full uninstall/reinstall and migrated your data except for the old database to your new installation manually.

Once we did we were able to perform a database repair as well as connect to the Kinetick EOD feed and pull up daily charts.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes