Session Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Manager

Hello- For some reason my strategy isn't running live. It back-tests fine but when I try to run it during trading hours I doesn't work. I have a bunch of print statements located at various places in the strategy. It looks like I don't get any on bar updates when going live. Could it be the session template? I'm running the default 24/7 EST.

Hello ciro1963,

Thank you for your post.

I wanted to check, are you seeing bars building during the time when you use the strategy? or is market data coming in during that time? This would be one item, if you are outside of the normal trading hours, the strategy would wait until it receives data to process bars.

Another item would be if the strategy is showing as yellow in the control center, this could be the start behavior being used.

A test you can run to confirm if this is related to the strategy or something else would be to run the SampleMACrossOver during this time to see if it places both historical trades, and enters real-time. Very likely it will start then become yellow in the control center until it can exit, after that point it should begin working in real-time.

A different test just to confirm data is to create a new strategy and add 1 print into OnBarUpdate but do not include any other logic, is the print seen for historical bars in addition to real-time?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jesse I will try your suggestions.

Comment

So when I go to session manager it will never hold the hours I want; once I save and close and reopen, it is back to default; and that is with changing the VPS to exchange hours. This is NT7.

Comment

Hello Tradersword,

I would suggest to either make a new post for this question or to email our platform support [at] ninjatrader.com directly. This question does not seem to relate to the questions asked here previously so we would likely need to troubleshoot your specific case. The details you provided don't seem to provide any clues on what may be happening so we would likely need to review the log/trace files or do other troubleshooting to find a cause.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post nandhumca  
          Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes